"budget Boost"-ing A Wd21 ('88 Specifically)

coaz4x4

I'd like to get 2-3" mainly to replace shocks/springs etc. because the used one i got is creaky like an old woman!

Here's what I see:

$665-715 Automotive Customizers (1.5 - 3")

$750 Pure Nissan // Calmini (3")

Anything else to consider, or parts you would need to buy in addition to a kit when lifting a vehicle like this 2-3"?

A SAS is not the direction I want to go... and is way too much money... so it's ruled out... This is mainly a DD that I want to get a lil higher off the ground.

Thanks for the $.02!!

Do a search around. TONS of info on Jeep Grand Cherokee coils to lift the rear (even new, only $100 MAX) and RoughCountry (Superlift) Upper control arms with a T-bar crank to lift the front (UCA's are about $160 USD).

Shocks all round, Rancho 5000's, for instance are about $50 a piece, so for a MAX of $460 you've got a lift better than either of those kits. AC's Upper control arms are not nearly as good as Superlift/RoughCountry, and Calmini has serious issues with the bushings in their arms failing prematurely.

Do a search around. TONS of info on Jeep Grand Cherokee coils to lift the rear (even new, only $100 MAX) and RoughCountry (Superlift) Upper control arms with a T-bar crank to lift the front (UCA's are about $160 USD).

Shocks all round, Rancho 5000's, for instance are about $50 a piece, so for a MAX of $460 you've got a lift better than either of those kits. AC's Upper control arms are not nearly as good as Superlift/RoughCountry, and Calmini has serious issues with the bushings in their arms failing prematurely.

I can't seem to find the Superlift or RC UCA's alone for purchase on any site. I assume I would need to contact a dealer about this?

What's a "T-Bar Crank"?

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sitesear...35wYXJ0cy5odG1s

Grand Cherokee rear coils for $65 (not shipped)

http://www.roughcountry.com/shocks-nissan.htm

Rough Country Shocks (34-38 ea not shipped)

Old thread bout this kind of lift:

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...=grand+cherokee

The T-bar is totally foreign to me... but you wouldn't want to do taller coils in the front too?

The T-bar is totally foreign to me... but you wouldn't want to do taller coils in the front too?

Our trucks don't have coils in the front, but rather torsion bars. Do a search for "torsion bars" or "t-bars" and plenty of stuff should come up. If you crawl under your Pathy you'll see a steel rod either side of the vehicle up front...those are the torsion bars. "Cranking" them simply means turning an adjuster bolt under there which will increase the tension/spring rate within the steel rod...hence lifting up the front end. There is a good thread which discusses this whole issue in detail. Search "T-bar crank" and it'll come up.

hope that helps.