Greasing The Propeller Shaft (drive Shaft)

Xourque

Hello!

I haven't had my propeller shaft greased for just about 7,000 miles now and was wondering what GREASE people here have used. Does Nissan have any special grease? Also, has anyone had to install the grease nipples themselves or were they already on the drive shaft?

Here is a diagram of it:

104418209.gif

Hello!

I haven't had my propeller shaft greased for just about 7,000 miles now and was wondering what GREASE people here have used. Does Nissan have any special grease? Also, has anyone had to install the grease nipples themselves or were they already on the drive shaft?

Here is a diagram of it:

104418209.gif

My 03 R50 already had the grease nipple on it, i've only done it once since i had my truck, only put 10000km on it though. I think its only important to do it if the underbody has been secluded in water

Wow,

I havent "greased my shafts" in the entire 140k i've owned my QX4.....

is this important?

well i think so, just one of those easy maintance things that just makes everything last that bit longer.

did it when i first got my patrol, now do it each time before a serious 4wd. with drive shafts i general keep pumping grease in till i can see whats coming out, when the stuff coming out looks all new and clean then i stop. then wipe all the excess away. bit messy but ohwell.