More Mods Fer The Q' And White Valley Rd.

SnowKat

Hi ya'll Long time no post...

New job, another car, and life in general getting in the way.

First..... On my way back from a site survey north of Kinmount 2 fridays ago I followed a convoy of Pathys, X's and few jeeps they turned off of 49 on to White Valley Rd. I think I saw Pezzy's green Pathy in there..... Was anybody here in the group? It was so good to see more nissans than domestics off roading 'round here....

So mods to the Q'..... K&N intake ..... I love it was easy to install and sounds great. As for milage I don't think it changed it either way but its taking me a while to keep my foot out of it 'cause I like scaring women and small children. Its funny to roar by people on full load (ie. up a hill) and see the confused look on their faces when they see a luxury truck go by...A bit jeuvenille I know but its great fun to make this engine come alive. It barks, growles, and snorts now.... I can see why the 350z guys have sooo much fun moding this engine. As for driveability it accelerates quicker and I feel more connected to the road with speed changes. Only problems, the heat shield was a bit low and with the engine rocking back and forth it knocked filter off the MAF and the left and right bank go lean from time to time but no pinging..... still analysing with my next mod.....

ScanGuage II..... neat little computer still a bit pricey but well worth it. 15L/100Km is the consistant average for the Q' but I got it for lower grade petrol testing (Haven't started yet).

OME Suspension on the way soon ..... front struts leaking.... woooo hooo..'er ummmm hehem thats terrible honey let me take care of it it'll be better than new soon.

And new radio this week.....

Thats it hopefully it won't be another 6-8months of quick lurking...

Markus

Great to hear again from you!

It is to my understanding that the VQ3.5 runs lean (actually I heard that the "lean" it runs is perfect for it) quite often, so I don't thik that it is you K&N. Do you have a seat of the pants dyno for us??

SCANGAUGE--I do want one of these, but I have to get my truck first!

Cool, spotted again!!

Here are the pics from that day -- we would have been on the way to or from Bob C:

http://www.canadianpathy.com/photos/campnlfri07/index.htm

Too bad, you just missed our adventure weekend... about 20-30 trucks (mostly Xterras & pathy's) from NTC were up in Minden.

Where did you pick up the scanguage & how much? I've been tempted to pick one up about 27 times. lol

Yea I seen yous guys and I was jelous...... I was sneekin' around in my stealth bubble Echo RS "The Gas Camel".

That looked like alot of fun especially while I was on the job.....

As for the K&N the butt dyno says it accelerates faster (It just seems to get to cruzing speed faster but in that I find I'm hoping in and out of O/D to get better use of the rev range.... the Q' seems to shift into cruise gears early (I also updated the Tranny Control Modulator last year so it might be a unique situation) ) There is a little interference with the butt dyno as the suspension is becomming saggy and rolly-polly. The VQ definatly comes stock with a sinus problem in that there was such a noticable difference between the stock intake and the K&N. I've put intakes on many other vehicals but this "bang for buck" has been the biggest yet. And the sound......... It roars around, but you dont have to, and my favorite is that you can make it "chuff" if you blip the throttle and it sounds like an old 70's V8 or a turbo bov.... no HWY drone... maybe better gas milage but I can't stay off it long enough to tell..... Ultimately you can probably achieve the same thing if you take the resonator off the intake (its big...) but I'm a mod junky <hangs head in shame> and the Echo RS has made it on the mod list....... ugh I need two more jobs......

The ScanGuage I got off of Ebay for about $200CDN at my door but that was before the dollar got really good. It's a little gimicky but I like the info and with the silly codes the Q' throws its nice to see and clear them without going home first..... Which is one of the main reasons I got it as I was getting alot of random SES lights for the emissions system last summer and just my luck the Q' would throw a code on my way to getting it e-tested. The only thing that annoying about it is the Km range feature is way off but it does say that in the manual.

Good to hear from you guys.

Markus