Right Smak Dab In The Adirondacks

kutch

Well I posted a hello in the section I thought I should use but then I found this area...So

I'll say it again! HI from the Adirondacks.

Not that I love sitting here typing at almost 11 at night with my eyes going cross cause I'm falling asleep,,,,,but.

Just needed some good basic pointers on the '87 Pathys.

My sister is getting married shortly and her soon to be has a 87 Pathy sitting in the driveway collecting rust, not horrible but its all over the wheel wells.

Its a 4x4/ 4 banger/ 5spd/ removable top with roll bar/ "pretty well used"/ but on the road.

I looked under the hood and its seeping oil from just about every nook and cranny.

It runs, no nasty noises.

I'm just looking for a daily commuter when the roads are not safe for motorcycle and weekend off roader thru the summer. So I'm not looking for perfection here....Just something somewhat reliable.

The one thing that caught my eye is this summer, he had the top off. It reminded me of the old Broncos. I love that open air thing.

Just wondering is I should take the plunge and begin a cleaning/ repair phase....?

Are these worth spending the time on? In light of my needs...!

Plus, the keys just might be given to me for a dinner or two...! So buy in is low...

Any thoughts/ perils of wisdom/ expressions of 2020 hindsight.....All greatly accepted!

Kutch

I've never heard of a removable top Pathy. My guess is if it truly is, this is a custom job. Man, if you like the truck, anythings possible. It just takes time.

Check to ensure that the frame is solid, and if it is, it's probably worth a couple of dinners and some body work. Typically, the drivetrains in these things is excellent.

Welcome to the forums.

removable top!!?

Yah,....That was not from the factory???

It looks completely factory!

I've got to get a few photos up for all to see this thing.

I thought for sure its a normal thing?!

Kutch

maybe your thinking of the pop off sunroof???

Nope.

The ENTIRE roof comes off from a few inches past the window frame of the doors, all the way to the tail end.

The entire back seat and past it, is in the open air.

There is a roll bar (again, it looks stock) right behind the rear seats.

Now this is getting interesting. I'm going to stop back over tonight and take a few pics.

Kutch

Edited by kutch