Springs

Chinook

I want to know if anybody ever installed this combo of springs:

http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/i...8c9462976e19eed

I would like to install them with some KYB shocks & struts. It would lift just 1/2" so no need for manual hub & be probably better than the stock one I have. Basically I would love to lift a bit more to 2" let say, but for what I do with the truck it would be to much pain to have the manual hub... One of the reason I bought the Pathy is the All-mode on the fly switch. Any other sugestion.

By the way I just installed a Magnaflow exhaust and now my truck sounds like a 350Z B)

I want to know if anybody ever installed this combo of springs:

I would like to install them with some KYB shocks & struts. It would lift just 1/2" so no need for manual hub & be probably better than the stock one I have. Basically I would love to lift a bit more to 2" let say, but for what I do with the truck it would be to much pain to have the manual hub... One of the reason I bought the Pathy is the All-mode on the fly switch. Any other sugestion.

By the way I just installed a Magnaflow exhaust and now my truck sounds like a 350Z B)

I would spend the extra $80.00 and get the 2" lift coils. You don't have to put Warn's on. I ran mine for a long time before adding them and mainly did it to try and improve the MPG. It might have helped about 1 extra MPG.

As for spending the extra 80$ at this point the price is really not what is stopping me. I even had a full OME lift quoted and was ready to buy it but when I saw the possible problem with the CV I stopped everything. I really don't want to risk a failure deep in the wood when I go fishing/hunting.

I cannot give you the Magnaflow # at the moment since I am on a business trip but as soon as I come back I will tell you. I got it done custom from the cat & added a resonator not to be bottered by the cops.

Although it is a concern, I know a few people who put off installing the Warn hubs with no issues. A guy I know up here wheeled his lifted R50 (HARD!) for maybe 4 years before having CV issues.

That combo is OME HD front and OME medium rears. AC actually sells OME springs with the name removed and call them by different names. OMEs angles bad aren't bad at all and shouldn't cause any problems. You will only get about 1.5" out of them and maybe a little more in back.

Edited by Acey

As for spending the extra 80$ at this point the price is really not what is stopping me. I even had a full OME lift quoted and was ready to buy it but when I saw the possible problem with the CV I stopped everything. I really don't want to risk a failure deep in the wood when I go fishing/hunting.

I cannot give you the Magnaflow # at the moment since I am on a business trip but as soon as I come back I will tell you. I got it done custom from the cat & added a resonator not to be bottered by the cops.

Well, truth be told, I did put the Warn's on for that reason, as well as potential MPG. The guys I run with all have Jeeps and they are always breaking stuff. Mainly due to over building and trying to climb insane stuff. With the Warns I can just disengage the front and still drive home just fine. Or if the rear goes out I still have the front to limp in on. Since our axels do not come out even if broken there is still a way home. The angle on the CV's was not really an issue for me and I did have several shops look at them to see if they felt the angles were dangerous. None of the front end folks thought the angle was significantly altered. This was with the AC 2" lift. The really cool part of the R-50 is that we have 33 spline axels and the Jeeps all have to spend big bucks to get that strong. Do the 2" lift and be a happy camper.

also just so you know (and correct me if im wrong here) from what I have read on here you cant use the manual hubs with the all mode 4x4 due to sensor issues..... i think it was anyway.

I think they work fine, but the computer will get mad at you, b/c it doesn't understand what is going on. There's a few threads here... have a searchy-poo.

That combo is OME HD front and OME medium rears. AC actually sells OME springs with the name removed and call them by different names. OMEs angles bad aren't bad at all and shouldn't cause any problems. You will only get about 1.5" out of them and maybe a little more in back.

If that is true, is there a cheaper place to get the OME springs? I know AC has a reputation of overpricing some things? It may pay to shop around.

If that is true, is there a cheaper place to get the OME springs? I know AC has a reputation of overpricing some things? It may pay to shop around.

Rock-Road.com sells them cheaper than AC, I just ordered mine up today. I've read of some customer service issues with RR but hopefully everything goes smooth with my order.

I ordered my KYB GR-2 struts from AJUSA.com for $120 shipped and ordered the OME HD front coils, RR trim packers, OME MED rear coils, OME medium Shocks from RR for approx $490 shipped (shipping cost not confirmed yet) from RR.

All I need now is some cheap strut boots and some OEM strut bearings. Then it's manual hubs and sliders and skid plates. :jig: