Any way to open my hatch without a key?

Guest A_Perd

Guest A_Perd

:angry:

Can I take off the plastic part off of the inside of my hatch do you think and be able to open it?

It's kind of urgent because I have to do some moving for my brother. There's got to be a way to unlock it from the inside. Even if it isn't exactly a conventional way to do it.

Guest A_Perd

Yeah, I have hands of steel, I'll probably snap something and regret it.

I have another plastic thing though in my garage if i need to replace it. B)

yeah be carfull of pulling that thing off there are some flimsy little plastic screws that where on mine that help hold it down and when i was replaceing the lock mechinisms I broke all the little screws and as 88 said the hard part taking it off when its closed

Have you tried a spot of "superglue" on end of a nail and try to adhere to broken piece of key in lock barrel. If tumbler/key is still aligned - should pull out! Worked a treat on my glovebox lock. Don't use too much instant glue as you don't want to stuff up the lock .. Give it a try

Buzz :beer:

Or even a pair of narrow tweezers and some patience. I had this happen in the drivers door lock of my old 85 Nissan, and I was able to pull it out with some finesse and no breakage. But, this could have been helped by the wear of the drivers door lock vs. the hardly used rear hatch. Well, hope it works out. Good luck!

Or try using a paperclip or other appropriately sized wire with the tip bent slightly and cut at an angle (kinda like a fishhook, but REAL small/slight) to slip in above or below the broken off key, then hook into the tumbler cuts on the key and pull it out. That's what locksmiths do.