Hollister Hills This Saturday?

SC88Pathy

How did truck hill look last weekend? My main reason for going this Saturday will be to climb it. Who all is going to make it this Saturday? (7-28)

Mark

ill definately be going. my girlfriend might go too.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sooooo whaddya get??? pics pics pics!!!! oh and lets get a list of who's going. maybe swap cell numbers and such. also how about a meet up spot?

Edited by yozsi

I'm in San Jose. We just need to pick a place that everybody is familiar with.

I am coming from Manteca so I could meet in San Jose, depending which route I take to get to Hollister

if I took the San Jose route I would be coming 580 to 680 through San Jose to 101

If I took the other route I would be coming I-5 to 152 to the 156 to the 25.

On a Saturday morning traffic should not be too bad that I would have to take the 152 route.

What time did we want to meet in San Jose? Preferably early so it is not so hot. Just give me an address where we will meet and I will let trusty GPS lead the way. Ohh and does anyone else have a CB Radio? what channel if so?

Mark

Edited by msavides

sooooo whaddya get??? pics pics pics!!!! oh and lets get a list of who's going. maybe swap cell numbers and such. also how about a meet up spot?

so how do they sound on the freeway. I got some real aggressive tires but they are kinda loud on the freeway. I just drowned it out with the stereo, just curious.

Mark

we could meet at like 9:30-10am in san jose, i'll be on channel 24 on my cb if anyone wants to use that channel. if any one wants my cell number its 219-771-4899 its out of state because i go to college at Purdue so yea, my name is oliver and my truck looks like this:

PICT0428.jpg

Well last Saturday Enjoi and I met at the Costco on Almaden (right off of the 85). Address is: 5301 ALMADEN EXPY, San Jose, CA, 95118

10 AM works for me, that will get us into Hollister at around 11.

I don't have a CB but I do have an FRS radio. I'll be using chanel 8.

Everybody PM me your cell #'s then I'll send one mass PM out to everyone with all the cell numbers.

so how do they sound on the freeway. I got some real aggressive tires but they are kinda loud on the freeway. I just drowned it out with the stereo, just curious.

Mark

I haven't had them on the freeway yet, but they were silent at 55 today.

Looks like few of us are goin.

Andrew, Costco @ 85 & Almaden is fine w/ me at 10am or for guys that can't make to Costco should meet the rest of us @ either the gate of upper ranch or obstacle course area at around 11am

Just to justify myself and not seem like an @sshole....My logic is we usually stop by a market to pick up some lunch so we can bring something to the top and eat. That usually wastes about 15-20 mins driving through downtown.

Edited by Enjoi408

Enjoi wants to meet a little earlier in San Jose, say at 9:30AM. Would this be OK for everyone else?

earlier the better for me so I am game. Also . I am an early riser. I normally get up at 3:45 every morning for my long commute to Redwood City, so I will have all of my lunch shopping done and ice chest packed before I leave the house. But hey I am just fine going with the flow. So no problems from me here. I also will have to install a new airline fitting on my truck sometime between now and Saturday am should take about 5 min so I will have something to do if the rest of you guys stop to shop If i don't find time to do it today or tomorrow.

Mark

Very random thought....Hollister hills is a very frequent trip for many NorCal wheelers. We should make this a Official Hollister Hills thread. hahaha

well the fact that Hollister hills may be closing would be the only thing that stifles that idea.

Please go to this link and sign the petition to save our wheeling spots

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=598320

Mark

News

Hollister Hills' Future in Hands of State Lawmakers

Jul 11, 2007

By Michael Van Cassell

Hollister - If state lawmakers can't agree on changes to the California off-highway program before year's end, Hollister Hills on Cienega Road may close.

Off-road vehicle enthusiasts and environmentalists have butted heads over changes to a Senate bill that would overhaul the state's 36-year-old off-highway program. Funds for state off-road vehicle recreation areas come from fuel tax and registration and entrance fees, but will expire Dec. 31 unless groups come to a consensus and lawmakers pass the bill.

The problem is, in its current form, no group on either side supports the bill, according to a state bill analysis.

Jeff Gaffney, chief ranger of the Hollister Hills State Vehicular Recreation Area, said an agreement needs to be reached so the park can stay open.

Gaffney said he has a difficult time understanding why environmentalists, whom he often considers his allies as a state park ranger, oppose funding off-road vehicular areas.

"This whole facility would cease to exist," Gaffney said. "It's kind of sad. This is where my heart and soul is, and I believe in the people who come here."

If the groups can't come to a consensus, the Hollister Hills Off-Road Association will try to educate the public to prevent the park from closing, said Margie Ghione, the group's vice president.

"It would be horrible for San Benito County," Ghione said. "It's a family sport, especially in this area."

Ghione said Hollister Hills provides another option for many local youths looking for an activity.

Brent Schoradt, a deputy policy director for the California Wilderness Coalition, said the bill would double available funds for off-highway vehicle recreation area land acquisition without doing enough to protect the environment.

"We're trying to make sure there's a proper balance," Schoradt said.

Schoradt noted that the current version of the bill could cut funding for law enforcement for off-road vehicle areas and restoration of damaged caused by such vehicles.

Sen. Jeff Denham, R-Merced, who represents San Benito County, voted against the bill the Senate passed. The bill passed 21-17 and made its way into the Assembly.

Under its current form, the bill would triple off-road vehicle registration fees. When Denham voted against the bill, it would have doubled park entrance fees. That language has been removed.

Edited by msavides

Enjoi wants to meet a little earlier in San Jose, say at 9:30AM. Would this be OK for everyone else?

9:30 am is fine with me. I can pick up lunch on the way with you guys

yea that time will work for me too. is anyone bringing their girl freinds along or any girls going? ashley wants to come but i dont want her going unless she has someone to relate to and @!*%. you know what im talking about.

yea that time will work for me too. is anyone bringing their girl freinds along or any girls going? ashley wants to come but i dont want her going unless she has someone to relate to and @!*%. you know what im talking about.

I told mine she wouldn't want to come as she would be tossed around the truck. She complains when I go over a speed bump to fast. Whenever she pesters me about going with me I just remind her of that and she decides against going. Besides she has a baby shower to go to on Saturday. Hurray for me. I will probably be bringing a buddy as we plan on going to the garlic festival afterwards.

Mark

9:30 am is fine with me. I can pick up lunch on the way with you guys

I think I may just meet you guys at Hollister hills. I will get there before you guys and hang out in the obstacle course until you guys get there. I have a friend of mine who may want to bring his pickup. So I will probably take the I-5 route. If things change I will give one of you guys a call. I will be driving a White 91 Pathfinder

Mark

Edited by msavides

All the girls I have brought had always had a fun time. I dont see a problem.

yea sounds good, i'll ask her to come along. see you guys tommorow at costco!

OK the final plan is meet tomorrow at Costco at 9:30AM. We'll then roll down to Hollister, gas up and pick up lunch. That hopefully puts us in the park by 11. We'll call Mark when we get to the Ranger station.

If anyone is running late just give me a call.

Also just to clarify to get to Costco turn right when you exit 85 South (Almaden Expressway exit). That will take you directly into the Costco parking lot.