Ipod Connection

Eneas30

Can anybody help me with this? I'm trying to connect my iPod directly to the stereo of my '07 Pathfinder. I would like to make an internal connection and run a wire to the glove compartment so I can hide the iPod in there. I went to best buy but they told me that they don't make the kit for this specific model and year. They wanted me to buy a bunch of s..t like a new stereo and a connector kit that is gonna cost me like around 1,500 bucks. Any ideas please?

Can anybody help me with this? I'm trying to connect my iPod directly to the stereo of my '07 Pathfinder. I would like to make an internal connection and run a wire to the glove compartment so I can hide the iPod in there. I went to best buy but they told me that they don't make the kit for this specific model and year. They wanted me to buy a bunch of s..t like a new stereo and a connector kit that is gonna cost me like around 1,500 bucks. Any ideas please?

Try Crutchfield.com, and look in the iPod Adapters area.

I had one installed from Nissan, but it didn't work. I went to a local stereo shop and they told me they take them out all the time, and they don't even sell any iPod adapters anymore b/c they don't work. The best one I've seen and heard is from Kenwood, but you have to have their head unit for it to work. Your best bet is just to plug it into the auxilary input and leave it at that.

Thank you guys. I think I'm going to get rid of the stock stereo and go for the Alpine Navigation System with the aux connection,it is real cool it has bloothooth and all that stuff. I'm also installing a dvd player so my daughter can stop messing around in the car also new speakers since my Pathy did'n come with the Bose system. I don't want to screw anything in it so I'll let a professional handle it. I'll send you pics from the before and after. I think that will do the job.There are 2 very important things I should have gotten at the begining with the car:

1.Leather seats

2.Bose 6 CD system

So anybody buying a new Pathy think about those 2 "things" before making a decision.

I know once you get something no matter what it is after a while you want something better. It's ok next year if I can I'll get one with all the extras.

See ya.

Actually, you're probably better off w/o the Bose system. I had it in my tahoe and it was fantastic. The Bose system in my pathy, however, is not that great. For about the same price as what you get from nissan, you can get an unbelievable aftermarket system from an audio installer. I used to install stereos back in high school, and I recently spoke with a buddy of mine who still installs about the quality of factory systems. He reminded me that companies such as Bose, Rockford Fosgate, Altec Lansing, Infinity, etc... all sell their leftovers to car companies for installation in their vehicles. So, when you pay $3000 for the premium system with navigation, you're actually getting a system that's outdated by 3-4 years. Also, you may have heard the saying: "No highs, no lows...must be a Bose". Well, Bose makes some great stuff, but car audio is definitely not their specialty. In fact, much of the equipment they put in cars from Bose are actually meant for home use, usually meant to be housed in a solid wood cabinet. So, save your dough...get an aftermarket. You can't go wrong with Alpine or Kenwood. The downside is that you can't finance it with the cost of the vehicle, but then you're not paying the extra finance charges and interest either.

Thank you guys. I think I'm going to get rid of the stock stereo and go for the Alpine Navigation System with the aux connection,it is real cool it has bloothooth and all that stuff. I'm also installing a dvd player so my daughter can stop messing around in the car also new speakers since my Pathy did'n come with the Bose system. I don't want to screw anything in it so I'll let a professional handle it. I'll send you pics from the before and after. I think that will do the job.There are 2 very important things I should have gotten at the begining with the car:

1.Leather seats

2.Bose 6 CD system

So anybody buying a new Pathy think about those 2 "things" before making a decision.

I know once you get something no matter what it is after a while you want something better. It's ok next year if I can I'll get one with all the extras.

See ya.