New Engine

Guest jmrun1225

Guest jmrun1225

i put a post in here a few days ago about the 300zx engine swap, but places around town say they don't reccomend it and the labor on it would be crazy. does anyone know where i can get a new engine for my 90 pathy. i am guessing i have to get a new engine cause it is knocking real bad. if anyone has any info i would appreciate it i love my Pathfinder and want to get it running again but don't have alot of funds right now. thanks

JARED

theres always the saying 'if it aint broke.... dont fix it'

when i got my path i thought the engine was stuffed but its still going a year later.

what sort of knockn you gettn anyway? :blink:

The crankshaft on the 300Z engines are LONGER - which means that you will have to get a new harmonic balancer, all the accesory mounts (so that the belts will match up), and the oil pan will have to be swapped out due to differences in crossmember height and oil pump pickup specs. The intake and top end are different as well. You'll need a new oil pan, intake, airflow meter and computer at a minimum. This being said. you might be better off finding a junkyard VG30 engine somewhere close by, just cleaning that up and putting it in.

theres always the saying 'if it aint broke.... dont fix it'

when i got my path i thought the engine was stuffed but its still going a year later.

what sort of knockn you gettn anyway? :blink:

nuff said, when i first got my pathy i ran it for a month with no oil in it till I cheaked it. ran just fine but i dont expect it to really go past 200k miles. i have 105k miles now.

dude my paths at 307 000 km's and it runs dry all the time. uses too much oil - more than a litre month. doesnt drip a drop, just burns it, i never see it smoke much though. hay i sealing my own post, stop it. ha ha ha

• 2 years later...