Im Coming To The Usa

OzMattie

Hey guys & Girls,

Im coming to the States from July 18 till August 18. I was wondering if anyone wanted to meet up and maybe if we could organise a group to go out with.

I will be based in Idaho but will be travelling around. No real plans made.

Anyhow let me know as I am interested in meeting you guys and girls.

OzMattie

Edited by OzMattie

Where in Idaho? I am in the Idaho Falls area, about 80 miles south of Yellowstone National Park and 100 miles west of Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

I am going to be staying in Gooding, ID. Will be heading down to Indianapolis for the brickyard 400. after that no real plans just go where ever the wind takes me.

Hi guys.

My friend that i am staying with has a pathy, so snosnk if you want to catch up and go wheelin let us know.

Venge and Pezzy great to see you in th pcoa forums.

Hopefully I get the pathy back tomorrow (after 7 months with a broken tranny, mech has had it for four of the seven) then I'll be ready. Drop me a line and lets hook up.

Hey just saw this post. I'm over in Montana only 30 minutes north of the North entrance of Yellowstone Park. If you decide to go check out Yellowstone, you should let me know as we can do a meet in the park or something like that and drive the "loop." You really ought to check out the Park since you're out here!

Hey just saw this post. I'm over in Montana only 30 minutes north of the North entrance of Yellowstone Park. If you decide to go check out Yellowstone, you should let me know as we can do a meet in the park or something like that and drive the "loop." You really ought to check out the Park since you're out here!

don't skip the TETONS either. freaking killer!

I'm about 50 miles south of the west entrance to Yellowstone and about the same from the Tetons. 80 miles to Jackson hole, Wy (tourist trap).

I didnt realize you were so close DJ, we should hook up and do some fishing.

I'm about 50 miles south of the west entrance to Yellowstone and about the same from the Tetons. 80 miles to Jackson hole, Wy (tourist trap).

I didnt realize you were so close DJ, we should hook up and do some fishing.

Yeah thats awesome! I fly fish the Yellowstone River about 3x-4x a week. The Salmonfly hatch earlier this month was incredible! Did you manage to catch any of that?

Yeah I didn't realize how close you were either after I looked up where Parker was. Damn you're in a sweet spot with all of that so close around. I noted where I'm at on the map. I spend most of my weekends in Gardiner and in the Park since the in-laws work for NPS.

post-289-1184509711_thumb.jpg

I work in Jackson Hole, so I get the view Tetons every morning on my way to work.

They wont let me fish in the park because I prefer to use lures. I never could get the knack of casting a fly.

Are there any special regs on rod and reel? I've been know to tie a fly and a clear bobber on my spinning gear. Never had much luck with flys though.

I'm about a mile north of the Henrys Fork of the Snake River, and about 15 miles from a nice float down the Teton river. The Teton is my favorite, lots of trout in the 14"-16" range with the chance at some up to 25"-27". 20" fish are fairly common. The Henrys Fork is considered world class trout fishing with the possibility of catching up to a 30"er. Look for Browns, Rainbows, Cutthroat and Rainbow/Cutthroat hybrids in the Henrys Fork, mostly cuts and hybrids in the Teton. The Teton is pretty much General regs but the Henrys Fork has different regs for different parts of the river. The big fish are in Island Park below the dam, in single barbless, artificial flies and lures only/catch and release water.

Sorry about the off topic run on, but someone said fishing. (was that me) :shiftyeyes: