Terrano On 33's

TerraWt

Im just wondering if there are any dramas with a terrano on 33 inch tires. Like excessive wear of anything, and will the auto hold up to it ? Its already on 31's with no rubbing anywhere at full flex with a cpl of inchs to spear, so im thinking maybe i could get away with cutting the guards back a little or a body lift or both. It looks like its already got a 1inch body lift which looks very stock, im not sure if they came out that way or its been done. Im guessing it wouldnt be that big a drama to add a little more to it or should i just stay on 31's

thx

you have to have 6 inches of lift to clear 33's with no rubbing. so..a 3 inch body lift 3 inch suspension lift...thats pretty much the norm. And then, if you do it, and actually wheel it you will destroy your stock steering system...so an upgraded centerlink is highly suggested...pretty much a must have.

I did read 3 plus 3 to fit this size tyre, I should have said that im not really interested in this route.Gettin away with the suspension its already got (has been suspension lifted already im thinking 2 maybe older 3inchs) then just body lift or cut or both that would would be better 4 what i wheel, which is mainly beachs and dunes. Super soft suspension that flexs heaps isnt very desirable when trying to get along on serious side slopes. I want the 33's for the soft summer sand, its winter now which makes the dunes harder. The 31's at about 10 or 12 pound r doin good, but in summer im thinking its not gonna be enough. Something a bit bigger let right down will help with the summer powder sand im hoppin. Thx for the info on the steering it does make some pretty aweful noises sometimes when at full lock. I remember reading somewhere about the noise being worn something or other, cant remember what it was now or where to find it again. Is this the steering u r talking about. Is there anything else that i should be worried about like wheel bearings, the IFS ? I havnt wheeled IFS before so not sure how well it would hold up.

Full lock + noise = steerings stops need to be greased. They put little plastic caps on them to stop that, but they get worn through quickly.

What PL was referring to is slop in the steering. Upsized tires, suspension lift and wheeling will cause very early wear on the stock centerlink. Upgrading is a must if you wheel it.

Wheel bearings won't be an issue....repack them periodically, and you'll be fine.

Without aftermarket upper control arms (UCA's) you'll probably go through upper ball joints often, especially with a stiff suspension setup, as with the lift, they sit at an extreme angle.

Thx for the info Simon thats exactly the kinda info i was looking 4.Im thinking maybe the 3 and 3 wouldnt be that bad as there already a low truck when compared to say a Rol..lux. How tippy is it with 33's and 3body and 3suspension lift ?

I don't find mine too bad, and I don't have either sway bar on. My wheels have slightly less backspacing than stock, and the tires are wider, so they stick out more than stock, which helps with stability. I drive mine every day, and have no issues. Keeping extra space between you, and the vehicle in front of you is key, as you don't want to have to make very quick turning movements........I leave enough space to know that I can escape a hairy situation just by hopping a curb, or changing lanes.

some folks leave just the front swaybar on, as it really doesn't limit travel in the front end much at all......I took mine off simply because the links were so shot, it wasn't doing anything anyways. :shrug:

Just remember, it's a lifted truck, not a sports car....and you'll be fine. :aok:

I don't find mine too bad, and I don't have either sway bar on. My wheels have slightly less backspacing than stock, and the tires are wider, so they stick out more than stock, which helps with stability. I drive mine every day, and have no issues. Keeping extra space between you, and the vehicle in front of you is key, as you don't want to have to make very quick turning movements........I leave enough space to know that I can escape a hairy situation just by hopping a curb, or changing lanes.

some folks leave just the front swaybar on, as it really doesn't limit travel in the front end much at all......I took mine off simply because the links were so shot, it wasn't doing anything anyways. :shrug:

Just remember, it's a lifted truck, not a sports car....and you'll be fine. :aok:

^^^^ what simon said. i don't drive king everyday, but i have 3"bl & 4" SL on 33's and no rear sway bar (whoops, broke that!). i have to take more caution around sharp turns, but he does just fine and still feels stable.

make sure to get a really good alignment with 33's.... it gets costly if you don't rotate them or have a bad alignment.

i have bushwacker flares, and my new 33's rub them pretty bad when my wheels are turned and i am on a slope.... even "redesigned" a bit of both fenders with them hitting :D

Nice looking pathy there aries. Thx for the info to the rest of u guys but im thinking now of just leaving it on 31's, maybe 32/11.5's when i get some new rims and using it as a daily, then getting a patrol on 35's :fireworx: Or should i follow along the pathy route ??