Westin Extreme Bull Bar Instalation

Eneas30

Hi everyone, I'm new here. But I'm very excited with my new Pathfinder LE '07 4X4. It's awesome!!! I love it. Need a little help on how to instal the Westin Extreme Bull Bar on my new baby. The manufacturer says its very easy,but I would like to have some tips and tricks to do my live easier.

Edited by Eneas30

i think that youll have to take off the tow hooks but i could be wrong. If the directions say its easy then it shouldnt be all that hard. Depending on the weight of th bar you might want to use a floor jack to hold it up while installing it. just my .02

Hello everybody. I finaly install the Westin Bull Bar on my new baby. But the way thank you for your reply.It is so easy and it looks so f....ing nice. Check the pics, you guys let me know.Well I started with removing the front flap that is located under the front bumper there are 6 screws that with a 10mm socket and a ratched can be removed. After that remove the tow hook that is attached to the frame under the passenger side with 19mm socket and if you find an air pressure gun it will be so easy to handle it. That is where the mounting plate will go. Make sure you locate the other 2 holes that are located on the left side of the frame you won't miss it. Apply some W40 lubricant to the 4 holes before intalling the mounting plates. Make sure the open side of the plate (wich is like a L shape ) faces the inside of the car and the other side faces the tire obiously. Tighten the bolts with a 17mm socket with the air gun,make sure they are very tight you don't want the bar to fall off while driving.The next step is to attach the bar itself to the mounting plates. Help yourself with a jack don't forget to place a pillow or cushion on top of the jack's platform. Allign the holes of the bar with the ones on the mounting plates (if you can cover the front bumber with a towel to prevent scratches) make sure to place the bar lip on top of the mounting plate samething with the other side. Once they are on place first install the back bolts so you can adjust the bar the way you want it hand tight them only for now.Once you have the bar leveled,(I would recomend to place the bar 2" away from the front bumper) install the front bolts underneath with their respective washers and proceed to tighten the bolts holding the long side of the bolt with a 17mm wrench tool and the oher side with a 17mm socket with the air gun,make sure you tight them very well. Look for the bar to be straight. I have pictures of how I installed it but I don't know how to download them. Need help. If any body in Jersey needs help let me know I think it looks awesome on the pathfinders 2005+

I don't like the way the brush and push bars look on them. I'm also installing the hicht step from go-rhino. I'll get it next week.

Edited by Eneas30

to get pics uploaded you have to use a photo sharing web-site such as photobucket, thats what i use. then you need to get the IMG code from under the pic on that site. Then in the reply box paste that code and it will upload you pic, that is the easiet way to do it.