Wheels And Tires

i'm lookin to put some new wheels and tires on the pathy, i'm lookin to go a bit larger than stock without having to trim or remove anything. anyone know how large i can go without having to do that?

I just got an 07 pathfinder and put on some 285/75/16's

That's about the same as a 33" tire. They fit pretty snug, and rub a little when turning on an angle, but the rubber inside the wheel-well is very flexible, so it doesn't do any damage at all!

You can see pictures of mine on the new members section.

• 1 month later...

I have had 20's on mine for about a year now, I was running a 275/45/20 street tire but it was horrible in the snow, and forget about leaving the pavement. So today I went out and upgraded to a set of Toyo Open Country AT's. They are a 285/50/20 and a great all terrain/all season tread pattern. Nice increase in sidewall as well. They did rub a little, because I am running a 20x9 inch wheel. So I took a hot gun to the inner plastic of the fender heated it up and pressed it all the way back and then cooled it with a cold and wet rag. Now it is formed/shaped back further and Zero rubbing. I love the look because now I still have a big wheel, yet I have an aggressive all-terrain tire to play off road with as well. Best of both worlds

FYI that is for the wrong lug pattern.

nismofrontierwheels.jpg

As the wheels are hanging off of a +05 Frontier in the advert photo I'd think it's a typo in the website print and should read 114.3 (4.5") x 6 lugs, easy enough to check with NismoParts about it though, and if so the wheels should fit +05 PF's and +05 Xterra's as well. I wonder why the wheels aren't rated by NISMO for VDC use, maybe some extra stress when the VDC takes over, which leads me to wonder how many aftermarket wheels might not take extra VDC stresses.

Edited by GreyBrick

Here is a couple of pics of my new tires, they are the Toyo Open Country AT's 285/50/20. This equates out to approx. 31.5" tall, and 11.50" wide. They did rub just a bit, but we used a heating gun and heated up the inner fender which re-molded it and now no rubbing issues at all. I think it looks AWESOME!

post-1791-1185678354_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1185678394_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1185678500_thumb.jpg