Front End Warn Conversion

franko

Does anybody know what a pair of warn hubs would cost for a 98 pathy and is it easy enough for a back yard wrencher to do the conversion?

About $150.00 and yes you can. Just need snap ring pliers and a couple of sockets.

Just saw that you replaced the rear control arms on your Pathy yourself. If you can tackle that job, you'll have no problem with the WARN manual hub installation.

I got mine from North Shore Offroad, and they were $194.86CDN (as Pezzy said above....she beat me to it). They're based in Vancouver, if I remember correctly.

Edited by Simon

About $150.00 and yes you can. Just need snap ring pliers and a couple of sockets.

I bought mine for $130 with free shipping in March, but can't remember where now.

I bought mine for $130 with free shipping in March, but can't remember where now.

I think i got that deal or nearly that from Amazon.com. Give em a try!

Also, it's an easy job, mine was a little more tedious, i repacked the front bearing and fixed a couple of busted lugs while i was at it, which was a pita because of the disk... but i digress. Oh, and the other pain was replacing the stock studs with the ones the Warns came with, but that's because i'm not a pro lol.

Edited by PDCCD

I think i got that deal or nearly that from Amazon.com. Give em a try!

Also, it's an easy job, mine was a little more tedious, i repacked the front bearing and fixed a couple of busted lugs while i was at it, which was a pita because of the disk... but i digress. Oh, and the other pain was replacing the stock studs with the ones the Warns came with, but that's because i'm not a pro lol.

I bought mine from amazon too. Mine didn't have studs and bolted right on with included nuts. Wierd. They were $124 with free shipping a couple months ago. What changed in 98?

Edited by Acey

I bought mine from amazon too. Mine didn't have studs and bolted right on with included nuts. Wierd. They were $124 with free shipping a couple months ago. What changed in 98?

Hmmm, i've got an 02', but i belive it was the same part number. I assumed the studs were included because of a slight increase in length would be benificial, but after all the fuss i went through to make the swap, it was probably fruitless, i probably got an extra thread or two out of the hour + it took me. For anyone who might not know, i found using vise grips to remove the old studs was fastest, then double nut the stud to reinstall. Took some trial and error for me to figure that much out LOL.

Oh, and here's a link to some other helpful links pertaining to this job. Just follow the links. Thank Vengful and Xplorx4. Those guys rock!:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11266

Edited by PDCCD

Idid not swap studs cause i couldn't see all the fuss over getting a few more threads when the lock nut seated perfectly on my stock studs. Got around 6k on my warns with no problems ..just double check your rig may have shorter studs than mine .

Several of my OEM studs snapped off inside the hub, and I could not extract/drill them out, so I had to replace the whole hub.

07oldhub_newhub.jpg

So rather than use the Warn studs, I decided to go with cap screws:

91303A192L.GIF

Several of my OEM studs snapped off inside the hub, and I could not extract/drill them out, so I had to replace the whole hub.

07oldhub_newhub.jpg

So rather than use the Warn studs, I decided to go with cap screws:

91303A192L.GIF

Any pics with it done? I bet that looks trick. And would make replacement in the future sooo much easier. Are you an engineer Dean?

Any pics with it done?...Are you an engineer Dean?

No pics. It pretty much looks just like the normal Warn hub, except instead of seeing nuts securing the Warn hub, you see hex-head screws. No biggie.

The hex-screws are a little bit more of a pain to remove, since you can't use a common 12mm socket/driver. You need to use an Allen-style hex wrench.

And yeah, I guess you could say I'm an engineer, although I don't have an engineering degree. ;)