_&P Parts Quality

RedPath88

I think there are lots of great deals and dealings on here. You just don't hear about it nearly as much when stuff goes right.

Yes, for instance, I purchased a window regulator/motor assy and master power switch assy from TadG.(via paypal)from the for sale threads on this forum. I received the parts appr. 1.5 or 2 weeks later and put my stuff together and got pwr windows and door locks again!! :itsallgood: See, not all deals are bad! Im still upset for Scott tho! I hope He and Blouis (and anyone else that I dont mention) get their reimbursements they are due!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I haven't gotten my core refund since November of last year!

Next time I'm in IL, I'll have to pay him a visit.

My steering is so messed up with this kit. I am going to take it to the place that did my coilover install on my S and see if they can do anything for me. I've been meaning to take it there, just been busy with work traveling and broke too because of school.

Edited by wheel366

• 2 weeks later...

so apparently this guy over on VA4x4 got a hold of Phil and ordered a Frontier kit from him and he says it will be delivered by Friday??

LINKY

Phildawkns@aol.com

this is the email the guy used to contact him......

(i posted this in the pinned topic as well, but i just wanted to make sure everyone saw this :()

That's real nice. Maybe he's trying to make enough to put refunds together?

Hopefully, that is the case and that he is not just taking Charlie's(FreedomFry from VA4x4) money and running. Just like he has, to some of the guys on this board.

First of all, Hello everyone....

My name is Scott and I am the same RedPath88 that posted on the NPORA Forums about _&P

You have all seen (or can see) the pictures of mine over at the NPORA Forums, and yes the CL is the part that MUST be done right. Look at the welds on mine, there is NO WAY you can tell me that it was not intentional. I noticed it as soon as I pulled it out of the box!

No matter what, there is no excuse for that. Imagine if I had just blindly installed that... it would fail ...now think about the consequences of that failure, especially if it was on a public roadway.. say the interstate (I5/I405/I90), which I drive on daily during my 50+mile trip each way to and from work.

The shear fact that he would build such a product, and then ship it out for use, thus putting lives at risk, says a lot about the "man" he is and the "business man" he claims to be!

And if you read both threads then you know that I am not the only one he has and is screwing over. Reading through that shows you who he really is...

And that is to bad, because he did (long ago) provide a good product and service to the Nissan offroad community, but at this point the risk is simply to great to even be considered.

I have also saved each and every communication (which are mostly mine trying to contact him) I have had with him. All of which are NPORA Board PM's. I have also compiled a running document of them... which I am very close to posting on more than just the NPORA Forums... people need to know what he is really made of.

My advice to everyone, be wary of him... better yet, don't even risk it. Nothing he builds is anything that a good local shop cannot. Please do not put yourself, your family or anyone else at risk by using his products.

Phil, you were on the forums about an hours ago, you posted nothing and I don't see a PM with a tracking number!

Anyone get ANYTHING from him? (not that I REALLY need to ask to know the answer)

So a little birdy PM'ed me and told me about Phils recent post on AC... Thank You! :aok:

Link to the thread: http://www.4x4parts.com/ubbthreads/showfla...a070#Post567220

In case AC deletes my post or the whole thread:

Some stuff I have laying around for sale. Shipping is included for ALL items to the lower 48 United States EXCEPT for the "Whole Third".

LockRight Locker for H233B 31 spline axle: $200, nearly new.

LockRight above installed in open carrier with 4.3 gears: $250

Whole third with LockRight installed, 4.3 gears: $300 (Shipping won't be cheap.)

Stock Nissan Truck S/C, w/upper intake manifold and inlet pipe: $300 Used, but excellent shape.

Warn manual hubs for 1988 6cyl Pathy, includes 8mmX40mm class 12.9 socket head cap screws for mounting: $75

Rancho in cab controller, with all fittings, hoses and wiring, nearly new in box: $100

VG30 Motor mounts, new in box: $60/pair.

1999 Infinity QX4 tach/speedo cluster: $50

1997 Nissan Pathfinder tach/speedo cluster: $40

Prices are negotiable.

Email to phildawkns@aol.com for fastest response.

My reply:

A word of warning to anyone looking to deal with Phil Dawkins, I highly advise that you read the following links BEFORE proceeding!

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...t=0&start=0

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=14730

Both have revealing information that is well worth your time.

I don't want to see anyone else have to go through what some of us have and still are!

Scott

Well done Scott (Redpath88). It's unfortunate that it seems he has to be FORCED to do the right thing, but hopefully, as Scott (K9sar) said, he's trying to sell the parts to refund the folks he's screwed over.

I would really like to beleive that he has the intent of using the money to make good with the people he owes... but based his actions over the part year plus, I just cannot commit to that. shrug.gif

Based on the motor mounts being up for sale, it sounds like he has not yet or will not be, finishing his engine swap. In addition, he is selling some parts that most people would not if they plan on keeping their trucks. I don't know, but to me it kind of has the feel that he is "getting out" shrug.gif

I did not.. all I know is that in our early communications (before he went MIA after I completed my end of the deal) he was talking about how he was having a very hard time finding the time, to get the engine swapped in his truck :shrug:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Thats a sh!ty weld...most kids in a metals class can do better then that the second week.There welds might not be sexy but at least there safe.

I didnt read the whole tread but from the pixs it doenst look good.

Edited by nismothunder

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Redpath88: Did you ever get that CL re-welded? If not, I drive through Tacoma twice a week. Meet me someplace and I'll fix it for you for free. Same goes for the idler arm if it's sketchy. I've got a heated chem-strip tank so I can get all the paint out from where there are supposed to be welds prior to tuning it up with my TIG. :aok:

Agreed... I could do a better weld than that using Oxyacetylene for Christ's sake... I hope you get this resolved man!

Phil has not done a thing to correct the situation. After another member here (Trailchaser) fixed it for me I offered Phil (via PM and messages on his answering machine) that if he reimbursed me the costs associated with it's repair (which I would have passed onto to Trailchaser as an extra thanks) then I would call us even... he has continued to ignore me as he has been doing since well before that.

Redpath88: Did you ever get that CL re-welded? If not, I drive through Tacoma twice a week. Meet me someplace and I'll fix it for you for free. Same goes for the idler arm if it's sketchy. I've got a heated chem-strip tank so I can get all the paint out from where there are supposed to be welds prior to tuning it up with my TIG. thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the offer, but it's been fixed and installed on my truck for a long time now. Trailchaser reworked it for me two years ago this month thumbsup.gif I installed it right after I got it back and it's been working great ever since (even laughed at a hard hit on a rock that took out a wheel during the MrJim Run at Tahuya) thumbsup.gif

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

you know yall...i think its really important to keep threads like this alive for the newbies...like me. We get a pathy...get excited about all the cool stuff we read about we can do...then get screwed around like this...by people that SUPPOSEDLY have same values, outlook, interests etc of us!!! This IS a COMMUNITY of NEIGHBOURS both near and far away...at so it seems to me. Gets me burning up to here bout people getting screwed like this. Thanks for the heads up!!!

P.S. i have a "friend" who specializes in "taking care of problems" LOL!!!

Tye