99 Pathfinder Cranks But Won't Start?

pathfinderrs

It has 245,000 km and it starts intermittantly. I 've heard the fuel pump whine prior to starting, starter and alternator are good. I've checked the spark on a few spark plugs and I see a good bright orange spark...the spark plugs are new. Sometimes when I press the peddle all the way down and then crank it seems like it wants to start for 2 seconds but doesn't. Sometimes, when I continue to crank, after a few tries it starts?

Any ideas? Crank sensor? I will be doing a fuel pressure test before the injectors to check for leakage, but if I can start the truck in the morning...then I wouldn't expect there to be a leak?

While the a crank position sensor could do this it sounds more like a fuel delivery problem. The pump could work but the injectors could fail. Now all the injectors failing at once could only be a computer problem or electrical circuit issue. When you pull the plug is it covered in fuel after cranking??? If not then fuel delivery is the problem. If it is wet with gas then start looking at the other "safety" devices.