If Your Bored On The Weekends....

5523Pathfinder

Thats right, I play baseball in the Puget Sound Senior Baseball League. My games are on either Friday, Sat, or Sunday. Just thougth I would post up the schedule and if your bored, come watch us play. All of the games are in the Seattle area, usually. Anyway, I am #13 for the Rocky Division Sox. This is hardball and some guys are pretty good and we usually attract a small crowd, good times. So yeah, Im Derek, come watch us. And the best part is that you can come meet me! Or check out my Pathfinder if I drive it! :)

Link to schudule....

http://pssbl.com/TeamSchedule.aspx?t=43&s=2

Well, heres an update on how the games this weekend went....

Friday nights game was at Rainer Beach High school. I went 1 for 2 and walked. We had almost all of our players there so, I didnt start and only got 3 at-bats at you can see. Good game, but we lost 8-7. The game got cut short after 7 innings because no lights came on due to scheduling error(thanks league). I think we could of won if we played 9 innings, but oh well.

Saturdays game was interesting. Once again, almost all of our team showed, so only 3 at bats. I went 0-3! Some of the calls by them umpire where quite questionable, but what are you going to do. I goofed as well, my second at-bat I swung the bat then looked directly into the sun! I was blind, didnt realized I hit the ball, and went straight to the second basemen! Doh! But I flied out my 3rd at bat, but I crushed the ball. If we werent playing in Sammamish with no outfield fence, I believe i would of had a home run or at least a double. Oh well, again! On the lighter side of the game, I went to catch the ball on the outer perimeter of the playfield, hit a patch of asphalt, and fell on my backside pretty hard. Besides having the wind knocked out of me and a few minor brusies, Im ok and ready for next week. Oh yeah, we lost 3-9.

I had to miss the game on Sunday due to family scheduling, but my brother(who also plays on the same team) told me we lost and it was pretty ugly. Guys were sore and one of our pitchers didnt show. I felt kinda bad not being able to show, but thats how life goes. We lost that one too, 5-10.

I think we have a good team and its taking time to mesh together. My hope are high and there is still lots of baseball left. The next game? Sunday, June 10 at Lower Woodland #1 in Seattle. Nice field and park, played there a couple of years ago. Ok, thanks for reading guys. I will post again after the next game!

Well, I don't think I'll ever come watch you play, as the drive from Toronto-Seattle is a little much, but just wanted to say that it's cool to see another guy in a hardball league. I play as well.

Oh, and worry not.....my team is in it's 4th year in our league, and only last year did we reach respectability. It takes time for the team to mesh, and to figure out which players should stay on the team, and which should go, if you're competitive enough to be cutting/recruiting players.

This year, with a couple new additions, we're looking to win our division. Currently we have a 5-2 record.

Yeah, I know what you mean Simon. I had enough of playing softball a couple of years ago. The people on the team either wouldnt really try or would take it way to seriously(screaming and yelling). My brother actually found the league we are in now(PSSBL) after playing for a navy team back several years ago. I missed the first season with a broken left foot, but he played. Actually went to his games and they recruited me for the next year. The season was ok, but once again, people didnt really take it seriously and got all pissed off when we lost. I had a great time regardless. But then I missed the last two seasons after our division was disbanded. Now im playing with a few guys from the previous team, but mostly all new people. A couple of guys played college ball, but nothing besides that. I can see some guys have a lot of potential. Our "GM" is a good guy, just not overly motivated. So he appointed a Manager and he keeps everyone well informed and on the ball, if you will. It should be a fun summer at least. I just love to play and win or lose, Im going to give 100% and enjoy myself. And yeah, its nice to see someone else who plays...Right on!

"Dont go soft, play Hardball"

Basicly at the High School. There is a city of sammamish field behind the school thats made of "flubber". Basicly two soccer fields with a baseball diamond at one corner.

Eastlake community field, I believe is whats its called.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

Ok, todays game is at 12:30pm at Lower Woodland #1 in Seattle. Might be wet but we are still playing as of right now! Go #13!

Here are directions...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&t=h&am...eattle+WA+98103

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

What a great day for baseball yesterday. In Seattle is was sunny, but breezy at times. Well, we won, 25-5! The umpires used the mercy rule and only played 7 innings. Personally, I had 4 at bats, but only went 1-2. I hit a double, walked, and struck out. My fourth at bat didnt count as a teammate was leading off of third a little too far, and was picked off. I moved in front of the catcher slightly, but didnt help. Three outs, no more at bat for me.

I was on my horse in the outfield as I played center field. I had several catches, but only one was not routine. I had to leg it to right field as my teammate was a little slow. I caught it as I was running full stride. Matter of fact, there was a guy on third who tagged up, but I was running too fast and could stop in time and throw him out at home. Oh, well I think we were already up by four at the time.

Also, I had one stolen base. Got a great jump and didnt even have to slide. Other than that, it was a good game for our team. We needed it! Three straight losses will get to some guys pretty eaisly. So, the next game is in North Snohomish at 4:00 on Sunday. There is no way I will be going to that game. Thats a 2 hour drive in each direction, and I have to work monday morning. Thanks again for reading guys! :aok:

After four games, my batting average is..... 0.364

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates, Ive been a little busy! Anyway, I know not many will get this in time, but I have another game today at Green River C.C., in Auburn, at 9:00am! Also I have another game Sunday morning, 9:00 am at Edmonds C.C. in Edmonds. Come check us out if you can, or not and I will just keep the ESPN updates posted! :tongue:

Update time! *cues Sportcenter theme*

Ok, had a decent two games. First game on Saturday went ok. We won 13-7. I went 0-2, reached 1st on fielders choice and I got hit by a pitch! That hurt, got me in the left ribcage below the nipple! Also struck out and stole another base. Good game all in all. Our team is starting to come together.

Sundays game went well also. We won 8-6. It was a all wood bat game. I went 2-3 with another K! Im not so happy about that. It was my day in the field. Lots of pop ups to me in center. I even threw out a guy at home who tried to tag up from third. I had him by a mile! Thats a good feeling! Anyway, thanks again for checking the thread and I will post more games as they come. Every weekend from now through August I have games. I hope I can make them all!

Heres a link to my stats..

http://pssbl.com/GameLog.aspx?p=b3f452b9-e...mp;t=43&s=2

Well, sundays game was fun. I had some problems in the outfield in the first and second inning. I was in left field with the sun right in my eyes, and no sunglasses. Yeah, missed two flyballs. I felt pretty bad, but I made up for it with the bat. I went 2-4 with 2 doubles. The last double came in the bottom of the 9th when we were down by 1. I drove in a run to tie. I got tagged at 3rd on a hit. The fourth batter to come up flied to center field, but the fielder dropped it and we won. Fun game!

I keep seeing pathys in the parking lots, but no one has said anything to me. No worries, I love baseball and thats what Im there for.