Sourgrass Trail Run 6/16-6/17

XPLORx4

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6328

Some pics from the Trooper guy.

yes....I really am everywhere. No, I am not stalking you.

The sad thing about the disrespect thats youngsters is they ruin it for us. I can't count the number of times I have packed out more than I packed in because of these punks. It almost makes me wish we had some control over who can use thease locations and who can't, but we live in a free country and unfortunately these people are free to leave their trash. I don't think we should close these trails, but maybe a little education on respecting our nature. we need to put some cameras in the trees to catch these punks in the act so they can prosecute.

Mark

Yeah, it was a bummer. He had overheating problems heading up into the mountains, so he had to turn around about 5 miles from the trailhead. His Jeep (Grand Cherokee) is very capable. Fortunately, it was just the thermostat, but it did spoil his trip.

at least it is an easy fix on a jeep. almost a trail repair if you had some coolant. and a spare thermo. Leave it to a hot day and some altitude to expose the weaknesses in a cooling system.

Mark

Edited by msavides

The sad thing about the disrespect thats youngsters is they ruin it for us. I can't count the number of times I have packed out more than I packed in because of these punks. It almost makes me wish we had some control over who can use thease locations and who can't, but we live in a free country and unfortunately these people are free to leave their trash. I don't think we should close these trails, but maybe a little education on respecting our nature. we need to put some cameras in the trees to catch these punks in the act so they can prosecute.

Mark

Whats more insulting was we came from San Jose and we found a receipt from san jose and UCSB.