Help In Advertising

lgranch

Ok I have been trying to sell a 91 pathy with a rebuilt motor for some time now. I have advertised everywhere and can not even get anyone to make an offer. Is this the fact that I am in Cleveland or is this because Parthy are getting scarse. Or am I going about it the wrong way. Any suggestions???

Maybe it's a sign that you should keep it..?

Have you listed it in Craigslist? Autotrader mag/online? Those two sources sell pretty good, and you can even list it in Craigslist for the other cities that are within a couple of hundred miles from you. I know I was ready to drive to where ever the pathy I was looking for was located when I bought mine. I was lucky and got one close, but I was about to drive over 1000 miles to pick one up.

Good luck, and take good pics to post.

What are the miles and price? Any extras?

Yes, pictures are important. I personally will not even reply to an add that does not state milage, type of tranny, price, etc and include a picture. Can you just post a copy of the add here so we can see it?

B

Guys it is listed on this forum under parts for salel. The deal is make offer. zero miles on rebuilt motor, lots of pic. go ahead and look. I am interesed in feedback

Edited by lgranch

Here's a link to his original ad...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=14191

My opinion......

It looks like it needs a lot of work. And as much as you're probably not expecting much......people look at their own trucks and figure it's the devil you know. LIke, mine probably needs as much work as that one, but I know what has been done, and what needs to be done.....so I'd stick with mine.

If anything, I'd say give people a ballpark figure on what you'd like to get for it, and see how it goes. Also, go through and see what parts are actually good, and get rid of anything that isn't. Kinda looks like it's a dumping ground for some useless parts. Though, admittedly, it is tough to tell their usefulness in the pics.

Thanks Simon.

Um, yeah... The fact that they can't see it run/drive it (no radiator?) doesn't help. The fact that you list no price doesn't help. 0 miles on a rebuilt motor (by who, warranty?) doesn't help. I know it's you and I think you know what you are doing BUT, you understand... As a parts pig, it's still only worth some $ to someone local and willing to gamble on the motor(no offense) or needs the tranny. But then the Pathy's rot out there before the tranny gives, right?

My recommendation is to part it out, bit by bit. Sure, it may take some work but you should be able to get at least $1500 before shipping with some patience. Sell the interior as fast as you can reasonably, incl all lights, wiring, bumpers and all the rest of the light stuff. People mess up their trucks regularly and don't want to go to the dealer or don't have a junkyard near by or just don't have the time. Slick needs a front differential. 88 needs a tranny (last I heard). Someone who just tossed a timing belt may want the motor (with reassurances). You get the point...

Shipping doesn't cost THAT much within a few states for the heavy items, try Yellow Freight. Good Luck.

B

Thanks for the input. A couple of good ideas there. As for a price Yea $500 takes it complete. As for parts dump. I just do not know. Do you throw out a A/C compress because you have 2 ? I have all the front end pieces and as for parting it out. I have had a major health problem. I can not disassemble the front end to ship it to Slick. When someone wanted the new rad support the best deal I could find had the shipping more than the $25 I wanted for the support. I was not intending for this pathy to ever be drivable again. If I can't find someone in month it goes to the scrap yard. I will scrap the CATs my self because at least I can get $15 apiece for them and that is more than I'll get for the entire Pathy at the local yards.

I'l think about a free offering just before the scrap yard. This forum has been very helpful in the past and I could at least offer when I finish my search.

Sorry to hear about your health issues. That, obviously, is more important than anything else. Hope you get the truck sold soon. :beer:

if i remember correctly, you're in ohio right? so is GG. maybe oyu 2 can work out a deal, he takes truck, parts it out and you get a %age of sold parts?

I would DEFINITELY try craigs list, there is SOMEONE out there who needs a parts pig, like me (but i am in Cali), and would be willing to pay $500 for it.....

don't.. junk it. it will make me cry. i need so many parts... and there are no pathys around here cheap or in jy's.

i am sorry to hear about your health issues, i hope you feel better soon and it's nothing serious. :beer: