Custom Upper Control Arms

McClurgM

***FEELER***

I have contacted a local suspension fabrication shop about making some new UCAs for my 1987 Pathfinder. I also expressed interest in removing my torsion bars and replacing them with some coil-overs!!!

My goal is to do something like the TrailMaster suspension lift setup but remove the unpleasant side effect of the lowering of the torsion bars.

I am looking for two things:

1.) Suggestions…. Any suggestions would be really helpful.

2.) Anyone else interested in this???

I do not have an idea of prices as of yet, however, this is just to see if anyone is interested in the idea.

Matthew

How do you propose building a drop lift without relocating the t-bars? I suppose you could build new anchors and adjusters at an angle and run them at an angle, but that's a lot of extra work for not much gain.

LOL

What shop are you going to McClurgM

MTO is who i have been talking to.....we have been tossing around ideas for a month or two now....i just need to wait for them to get some more time.

MHC: Seriously dude.....search. SAS can be done with any sort of springs......other than T-bars. SAS=Solid axle swap. Nothing in there designates what type of suspension setup will be used with it. There are multiple options. Leafs, Coils, coilovers etc.

i figured all that was incorporated into the sas. so this is just using the same old axle then huh.

I plan to use "the same old axle".....my goal is a better IFS than what we currently have or what is available now while keeping cost WELL BELOW the price of a sas.

I do not know if this is possible, however, i will explore the options anyway.

Matthew

It has been done before and it was not cheap. I think it was like 2 grand for all of the stuff to do it and he did all of the labor. Black92se is his screen name and he hangs out at 4x4parts. Check it out. It was sweet but like a month later he was already SAS'n his rig.

It has been done before and it was not cheap. I think it was like 2 grand for all of the stuff to do it and he did all of the labor. Black92se is his screen name and he hangs out at 4x4parts. Check it out. It was sweet but like a month later he was already SAS'n his rig.

Yeah, he sold his "kit" and the guy that bought it trashed the setup on his first run offroad. The upper CO mount bent and caused the CO to bend also. That setup basically just replaced the shock with the CO, but readjusted the mount on the LCA a tad.

Going to the UCA would probably be a better way, though it would be tight space up there.