Hoohaa Centerlinks

hoohaa

wow, you guys are all really touchy about the CLs geez. He stated for wheeling the CLs need an Idler arm brace (did you read it?). So much stupid drama from adults... whooo!

(PS: It's just a SUV)

Edited by Extreme90path

wtf...?

IMHO, the idler arm side needs reinforcement with a frame-mounted brace at least. I've bent the idler pivot before without a brace.

I was going to respond but then I saw that Extreme90path had already done so for me.

wow, you guys are all really touchy about the CLs geez. He stated for wheeling the CLs need an Idler arm brace (did you read it?). So much stupid drama from adults... whooo!

(PS: It's just a SUV)

:beer:

I'm interested in buying. Do you have any left, if so do you ship to Canada. I will send you my used one if you have any spare so we can swap, which i am currently using.

Thank you

Smithk

I'm interested in buying. Do you have any left, if so do you ship to Canada. I will send you my used one if you have any spare so we can swap, which i am currently using.

Thank you

Smithk

Pming you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I updated the first post with more detailed ordering and installation info. I am planning to add illustrated installation instructions soon. I'm also going to upload some current centerlink pictures for you to check out. When I first posted the thread I was running behind on orders because I was finishing up with school. I am done now, so I can get on your order immediately.

If you pmed or emailed me but I have not replied to you, please let me know. The best way to contact me is by emailing rbcscapegoat@yahoo.com

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I now have several built WD21 CLs in stock. I can take orders now for those of you I had to put on hold. Thanks

I updated the first post with more detailed ordering and installation info. I am planning to add illustrated installation instructions soon. I'm also going to upload some current centerlink pictures for you to check out. When I first posted the thread I was running behind on orders because I was finishing up with school. I am done now, so I can get on your order immediately.

If you pmed or emailed me but I have not replied to you, please let me know. The best way to contact me is by emailing rbcscapegoat@yahoo.com

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Here are a couple of pictures of an unpainted centerlink after the sleeves are welded on:

P1040272.jpg

P1040280.jpg

The ball joint used to sit in the spot that the hollow sleeve now occupies.

Edited by hoohaa

• 5 months later...

HooHaa, would I have ANY benefit from using your product if I don't run trails? I don't really push my pathy all that hard (yet) and I'm also flat broke... but if your product is worth the upgrade then I might save up for it.

Basicly, what I'm asking is, in everyday driving, would this give me any benefit? It looks sweet, though I'm no mechanic :P

Also, how difficult is installation?

PS - I drive a stock '90 pathy.

HooHaa, would I have ANY benefit from using your product if I don't run trails? I don't really push my pathy all that hard (yet) and I'm also flat broke... but if your product is worth the upgrade then I might save up for it.

Basicly, what I'm asking is, in everyday driving, would this give me any benefit? It looks sweet, though I'm no mechanic :P

Also, how difficult is installation?

PS - I drive a stock '90 pathy.

ON road only, there isn't too much point, especially if you're sticking to stock height, and stock sized tires. A stock CL will last you many years with that configuration.

If you intend on putting a lift on, or doing any offroading, you need this upgrade.

I could be dead wrong about this. I make this statement because I have NEVER seen a CL with these mods break. I have only seen TREs break used in conjunction with this CL design, which tells me that the TREs are the weakest link in the system. I will not offer a product that I don't feel is necessary. It would be unethical for me to do so. If you can show me evidence of properly designed and built modded CLs breaking or pitmans or idlers breaking because of shear forces used in conjunction with these CLs then I might consider offering double shear bracing. If I am wrong please present the evidence. I'm not being sarcastic either, I really do want to know if people are experiencing breakage from shear forces on this setup.

I have deliberately chosen not to have a "guarantee policy" spelled out. When you buy from me I will take care of you. I stand behind what I do 100%. I believe I have a good reputation in the community and people trust me. I don't burn people and I don't take advantage of people. I'm just a guy making CLs for folks. I started out just making CLs for friends because L&P was trying to run a business. Now that CLs aren't available from L&P I offer them to the whole community.

On the "double sheer" point, here's what I've found.....

Many people I wheel with, mainly with Xterra's with the L&P steering system, have had VERY bad luck when using the double sheer idler and pitman arms. They've actually CAUSED the failure of the centerlinks. Reason being, the tolerances between the bracing and the arm itself isn't EXACTLY right, thus, no "sandwich" is achieved when bolting the CL to the idler and/or pitman arm. This allows for some movement in terms of the centerlink sliding along the bolt. I've seen 3 cases where the bearings in the centerlink have actually worn the outer sleeve enough to allow the bearing to fall out when the CL is unbolted.

Mine, without the double sheer idler/pitman arms, shows no such signs of failure.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...