86-95 Pathfinder Warn Premium Hub Installation

statikuz

Warn Manual Hub Installation: 90-95 Nissan Pathfinder

*Note: It is recommended by most to use high grade bolts in place of the studs and lock nuts provided by Warn, due to the number of people who have reported that the original Warn studs brake over time.

Pic of the alternate bolts

hubswap07rz6.th.jpg

*The above pics are of an earlier Pathfinder hub install, with the exception of the spline count they are the same.*

Anyone know what type of bolts (grade, size and thread count) to use here, Im trying to get all of my parts ordered. Oh and what about the snap ring, replace as recommended or not? Thanx again.

The ones I used are Metric Grade 10.9 which iirc is the equivalent of SAE Grade 8. Just take one of the studs down to the local parts or hardware store and get the bolts needed. Having an original will allow them to match up the new bolts so will you walk out with what you need :aok:

As for the snap rings, I reused mine and with just short of 360,000 miles on my truck, they are still holding strong.

• 2 years later...

Great write up...I want to take apart my automatic hub to grease them up but it says in the Service Manual (FA p.19) to replace the O ring and snap ring but does not give any sizes.

I went to Nissan and they were dumbfounded as usual but I got the part numbers, they told me they only sell the entire hub. It seems the O ring is part 40250E and the Snap Ring is 38514. If you could help me with replacement sizes, since you might still have your original still in parts, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• 1 year later...

Ok so just to confirm before i got do this in the next 30 mins (THIS IS FOR MILE MARKERS NOT WARN)....I do this
372742-Front_Axle_Hub2c.jpg

I do this (pic above) and then i bolt the hub on with the cap off like the pic below

image020.jpg
then i install these two parts back on to the end of the axle?

image012.jpgimage022.jpg

and then put the cover on? or do I not use the washer??

• 2 years later...

I now this thread it kind of dead, but I've been looking at a set of manual hubs for my '88, but I have a set of wheel spacers on. Just curious if anybody has run manual hubs with wheel spacers on, or what problems may occur. I understand that the dial for the hubs would be set back in the wheel more, but I cant think of any other problems that may arise. Any input?