Image Attachment Changes W/ Update

vengeful

With the Update, came a few new features. Each user is now limited to 1000kb of TOTAL attachments across the forum. You will not be able to upload attachments above the 1000k limit. This was put in place to help reduce the overall size of the forum, and to help speed up the usage of the forum.

During the latest upgrade of the forum, it was discovered that our disk usage had not only continued to grow, but actually exceeded the allowable limit. So much so that we were not only unable to perform the upgrade, but we could not even repair the forums and bring them back on line until we freed up space.

As a result of this, users will no longer be allowed to upload files directly the the forum server.

Instead of attaching images directly to your posts by uploading them to the forum server, please use one of the many free image hosting providers on the internet. Here are a few links to a few hosting providers:

http://www.imageshack.us

http://www.photobucket.com

http://www.webshots.com

Photobucket and Webshots allow you to create and manage galleries of your images, and store them online. Imageshack is a very basic image hosting site that allows you to host an image that you want to post quickly.

Another alternative, is to purchase web-space from one of the many hosting providers out there, and create your own website, and use the extra server space for image hosting.

To remove existing attachments, click on the My Controls link at the top of the page to enter your User Control Panel. There is a link on the left side, Manage Your Attachments. You can delete existing attachments there.

Edited by RedPath88
Changes due to the latest updates

• 1 year later...

I find google's picassa works very well.

Totally free, and they give you software for pc or mac that allows you to manage all your pic's, crop, resize, touchup, whatever you need to do, and one click upload to an online album that you can link to the forums from there.

i have been unable to post a pic from webshots... I have tried to add it by clicking on the littleinsert image button.. and it says failed.... any ideas?

You are either not using the proper image link code, or you don't have the image file in a shared space location.

i have been unable to post a pic from webshots... I have tried to add it by clicking on the littleinsert image button.. and it says failed.... any ideas?

Webshots prevents direct linking to images hosted on their site. You're either going to be stuck with a tiny thumbnail clickable to the full-sized image, or you're going to have to change image hosts.

• 7 years later...

Hey 99se, good vid man. Kind of wondered what the benefits were to "manual" hubs...NOW I know and stupid easy to install!! You briefly mentioned your exhast upgrade and I'm guessing you have the 3.3ltr engine, if you have a '99...I've got an '01 w/the 3.5 that I'm finally able to use as my toy FULLTIME, so I'm looking to throw some fun money at it at last-lol. Who's brand of exhaust did you use/was it a cat back system, etc, etc?? It DOES have just over 200,000 miles on it & the 2nd to 3rd shift is getting sloppy so some tranny service is definitely in its future, but once that done it's time for GOODIES!! Cheers, Bunchie.