Hollister run 4/21

XPLORx4

With all the recent interest expressed lately for a get-together, how about a meet this weekend (Saturday, April 21) at Hollister Hills SVRA? I need to do some reliability testing on my truck, and another friend who has an X will be testing his new body lift.

I figure we'd rendezvous there around 10am. How about it?

Edited by XPLORx4

Xplorx4, are you still going even thoough most of us cant make it? I ask only because I might be able to come but later on in the day depending on what my work schedule is. I'll keep you posted.

Actually, I'm sorta undecided at the moment. I actually need to fix a couple of things on my truck before the weekend.

My truck is ready to roll. I'll be there. So, nobody else from NPORA is coming?

king is still ont he sick n injured list..should have him fixed up by Monday

yay mud!!! me and my bro went to the small trail we found like a month ago and got stuck in some deep mud :| and when my pathy got turned a 45 angle to the trail so it was awkward.. but after much forward and back movement i got it out :P .... BTW auto hubs are BAD for getting stuck in mud.. i though i blew up an axel but it was just the auto hub not catching right... its still ok! but i need some manual hubs heh...

anyways how was hollister?

Hollister was... eh, Hollister. The weather and trail conditions were great, all things considered. Damp, but not muddy, so there was no dust. I barely got my truck dirty (which is a good thing). There were some "interesting" folks there who provided some entertainment. One guy in a stock 1st-gen 4runner got stuck trying to cross a 10'-long 3'-deep ditch, and got hung up on his front and rear bumpers, with all 4 tires in the air. We watched his buddy yank him out. Then, later we saw the same guy stuck in a gooey slimy mudpit buried to his framerails. (I guess he didn't learn.)

The best part about the day was eating dinner at Super Taqueria afterwards.