Aftermarket part list

solid snake

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

BTW I don't know if this has been said before but...

You guys do know if you do anything to change the power output of your engine, the AUTO transmission WILL SLIP and the manual may blow up sooner.

You guys do know if you do anything to change the power output of your engine, the AUTO transmission WILL SLIP and the manual may blow up sooner.

I disagree with that somewhat. If the transmissions are in good condition I don't see why they wouldnt work still.

The same transmissions were used in the R50 - and they had 30 more HP stock in the VG33 models and even more in the 3.5L version.

Agreed. The auto tranny is fairly robust other than the overheating/clogging issue. I recall reading that they were put in the Skyline which had something like 250hp (?). I will agree that the auto is more likely to have issues, but I seriously doubt that the manual tranny would have any.

B

Well I really don't know much about the manual but if I remember correctly, they did have some problems with gear whine and all that. The automatic one however will probably take up to 210 hp tops, and thats the medium duty RE4R01A. I don't think the 3.5L has the same transmission, the redline of that engine is 6500 rpm.

Here is a good link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jatco_4R01_transmission

Edited by Tungsten

I gotta call BS on this one, You have to add allot more power to exeed a transmissions original capabilites.

Besides;

VG33ER in the xterra and frontier 210/250 hp/tq... same trannys used in the wd21 with no upgrades to the internals.

VG30DETT in the z32 300/283 hp/tq... some of them had the same 5 spd with no upgrades available and others had a BorgWarner T5

I bet the stock MT could handle a heavily Modded 250-300 hp Pathfinder with similar torque and I wouldn't be surprised if a well cared for AT wasn't far behind.

I disagree with that somewhat. If the transmissions are in good condition I don't see why they wouldnt work still.

The same transmissions were used in the R50 - and they had 30 more HP stock in the VG33 models and even more in the 3.5L version.

3.5L's don't apply becuase the 3.5 Is a VQ series engine and was mated with VQ series transmissions(not just the bell housing was differant)

Edited by MY1PATH

If you're looking for a Wincher style bumper, then these are the guys to go to:

http://www.kenmtnac.com/Nissan.html

They make a real solid product and its half the price of the ARB. It weighs about 120lbs so its does sag about .5 - .75 inches with stock suspension. They can add just about anything you could need from d-rings to a full on PIAA light package. I highly recommend them and I'm not quite sure why they haven't done a better job of marketing themselves with such a great deal. The only thing I would have done differently is have the spray on bedliner coating from the start.

cheers......

WinPat9904_3_-379x278.jpg

If you're looking for a Wincher style bumper, then these are the guys to go to:

http://www.kenmtnac.com/Nissan.html

They make a real solid product and its half the price of the ARB. It weighs about 120lbs so its does sag about .5 - .75 inches with stock suspension. They can add just about anything you could need from d-rings to a full on PIAA light package. I highly recommend them and I'm not quite sure why they haven't done a better job of marketing themselves with such a great deal. The only thing I would have done differently is have the spray on bedliner coating from the start.

Um before you to that You should all go to several other boards and see the ISSES PEOPLE HAVE HAD.

I think NOAS, NOR and texas nissan offroad all have complaints about KMA.

I personally think they are a bunch of lazy @$$#oles who don't take pride in their work.

I recived an unfinished poduct with dangerously sharp edges, barely acceptable welds and missing a K-brace. They asked me to measure my frame to bumper(21") and they would send me a K-brace the next day. 3 weeks later I recieve this 17" peice of scrap with 2 holse cut in it and I still can't figure out how to make it stretch another 5" do its job. Not to metion I waited 5 months (houding them constantly) for a product I was origally quoted 2-3 weeks production time!

http://npora.ipbhost...l=&fromsearch=1

Basically I got Fsck'd and once my back heals I'l be buying a welder and grinder to finish their POS and clean up all the sharp edges.

Edited by MY1PATH

Um before you to that You should all go to several other boards and see the ISSES PEOPLE HAVE HAD.

I think NOAS, NOR and texas nissan offroad all have complaints about KMA.

I personally think they are a bunch of lazy @$$#oles who don't take pride in their work.

I recived an unfinished poduct with dangerously sharp edges, barely acceptable welds and missing a K-brace. They asked me to measure my frame to bumper(21") and they would send me a K-brace the next day. 3 weeks later I recieve this 17" peice of scrap with 2 holse cut in it and I still can't figure out how to make it stretch another 5" do its job. Not to metion I waited 5 months (houding them constantly) for a product I was origally quoted 2-3 weeks production time!

http://npora.ipbhost...l=&fromsearch=1

Basically I got Fsck'd and once my back heals I'l be buying a welder and grinder to finish their POS and clean up all the sharp edges.

well unfortunately we may only have these guys as a pre-built option from now on. ARB has discontinued their winch bumper for the WD21

well unfortunately we may only have these guys as a pre-built option from now on. ARB has discontinued their winch bumper for the WD21

ouch! I've seen MR Jims ARB and it is a WAY BETTER product than KMA could ever hope to produce.

I recomend finding a local fab shop. Things seem to get done a little better when your coustomer lives in the same neighborhood...

ouch! I've seen MR Jims ARB and it is a WAY BETTER product than KMA could ever hope to produce.

I recomend finding a local fab shop. Things seem to get done a little better when your coustomer lives in the same neighborhood...

yeah, i've been contemplating buying the ARB before remaining stock dries up. I would agree with getting a local fabber otherwise. Then you can modify things during the build too if needed.

• 2 weeks later...

hey thanks for the links, they are great for us newbies, maybe link and mention the ecu upgrade? its avail thru Jegs, and rugged rocks also has it. dont know how worth the cost it is. maybe someone does? im looking at getting this done soon on a spare ECU.

• 2 weeks later...

hey thanks for the links, they are great for us newbies, maybe link and mention the ecu upgrade? its avail thru Jegs, and rugged rocks also has it. dont know how worth the cost it is. maybe someone does? im looking at getting this done soon on a spare ECU.

the best time to do the ECU upgrade is when you have already installed everything else. that way the new programming can take advantage of all the upgrades.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Multiple reasons bro, the main one being that the auto hubs are junk. 99% do not work in reverse because it disengages the lock. It also is notorious about engaging/disengaging as you drive down the road, all the while turning the front diff and the t case. Long story short the last thing is gas mileage...if all that other stuff is not turning when you do not want it to, then your motor does not have to work so hard...

Okay its late, if I missed something...guys feel free to add.

with manual hubs when they are locked they are locked, yes you can't just shift into 4wd with manual hubs like you can with auto hubs but with the manual ones if you think you may need 4wd you can always lock them but keep the transfer case in 2wd, than when you need 4wd you just shift it into 4wd being the hubs are locked already

• 1 year later...

IT IS NOW!!

Summit lists the Doug Thorley headers as no longer available.

I think it's time to update the list again :jig:

Updated with Rocky Road Outfitters for Thorley headers link...

B

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm just curious.. why would someone install locking hubs when the 4wd can be engaged from the inside?

bECAUSE AUTOMATIC HUBS ARE KNOWN TO BE SERIOUSLY UNRELIABLE.COMING ON WHEN YOU DONT WANT THEM TO OR NOT ENGAGEING AT ALL.

• 10 months later...

Quick ?

On the Super Bronco Springs it says on the website provides 4-4.5" of lift is that correct for a Pathfinder application.

Also would you recommend these for a 4dr Pathfinder to support the additional weight.

I have not heard of those specifically nor am I familiar with anyone running them so I can't help.

As a PSA, we are working to set up a sub-forum that will be dedicated to parts, part numbers and what ever pertinent information is available. We have a few things to sort out first, but expect to be seeing it soon.

This was a suggestion from a forum member that will be implemented, so if you have an idea to help organize or improve the site, please contact one of the staff.

Thanks,

B