Pathfinder X build coming back?

Pathfinder-jay

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys im gonna clear some stuff up by explaining the procedure of a website... Cause websites begin in jibberish....baby steps

1)Write ideas down... draw out some basic forms to get main body of site

2)work out who the audience is and figure out the most appealing shapes/look...colors

3)Use designing program and create the design... now a design is just an image.... Now to make the design look good you put in random words or designers language...as they call it.... This is basically just to see what the site would look like with the content

4)After this is done you search for images and integrate them into the site (if images dont belong to you then best thing is to show the audience the site is for and ask for permission...so far everyone has agreed...like i said in previous post if you dont please let me know and I will remove em)

5)Now the design is complete... all the images/words/links/shapes are into one design... kinda like 1 image

6)From here you procede to slicing it... now this means cutting the site into 10's or sometimes 100's of peices. These peices will later reflect a link or a part of the website

7)Next step is to code the sliced design... this is by applying some html/php or which ever computer language you wish to use. Now this basically just makes the site workable....by workable I mean now theres buttons you can hit etc... but they go to errorpages

8)Now you got to point all those coded slices to where u want by creating new pages.... when creating the new pages at a url....(http://xsessive.com/example) this will then integrate into the coded slices so that when they are clicked it links to the page you chose

9)Now I got the whole site designed, cut, coded, and I fabricated the script...

10)The script is pretty much what creates all the features... like member lists, forums etc.... I used VBulletin community software to get the features I wanted for creating a completely custom one could take months....

11)Now that I got the script to most it looks like jibrish... and looks like a very ugly website... I must now skin the script to match the website.... meaning changing all the code or old image codes to new ones and altering the slices to make sure they fit properly

12)Once all this is done one must create a database on a webserver to get all the features to work and retain the info with out causing code errors....

Now im probably missing alot of other things that have to be done.

Anyhow I hope that clears some stuff up... if anyone has questions let me know

Thanks

Jay

• 2 months later...
Hey guys im gonna clear some stuff up by explaining the procedure of a website... Cause websites begin in jibberish....baby steps

1)Write ideas down... draw out some basic forms to get main body of site

2)work out who the audience is and figure out the most appealing shapes/look...colors

3)Use designing program and create the design... now a design is just an image.... Now to make the design look good you put in random words or designers language...as they call it.... This is basically just to see what the site would look like with the content

4)After this is done you search for images and integrate them into the site (if images dont belong to you then best thing is to show the audience the site is for and ask for permission...so far everyone has agreed...like i said in previous post if you dont please let me know and I will remove em)

5)Now the design is complete... all the images/words/links/shapes are into one design... kinda like 1 image

6)From here you procede to slicing it... now this means cutting the site into 10's or sometimes 100's of peices. These peices will later reflect a link or a part of the website

7)Next step is to code the sliced design... this is by applying some html/php or which ever computer language you wish to use. Now this basically just makes the site workable....by workable I mean now theres buttons you can hit etc... but they go to errorpages

8)Now you got to point all those coded slices to where u want by creating new pages.... when creating the new pages at a url....(http://xsessive.com/example) this will then integrate into the coded slices so that when they are clicked it links to the page you chose

9)Now I got the whole site designed, cut, coded, and I fabricated the script...

10)The script is pretty much what creates all the features... like member lists, forums etc.... I used VBulletin community software to get the features I wanted for creating a completely custom one could take months....

11)Now that I got the script to most it looks like jibrish... and looks like a very ugly website... I must now skin the script to match the website.... meaning changing all the code or old image codes to new ones and altering the slices to make sure they fit properly

12)Once all this is done one must create a database on a webserver to get all the features to work and retain the info with out causing code errors....

Now im probably missing alot of other things that have to be done.

Anyhow I hope that clears some stuff up... if anyone has questions let me know

Thanks

Jay

All that is kinda like a dentist going through your ass to pull a wisdom tooth. :rolleyes:

Yeah, or like expecting the staff not to jump on the train...

If you have a better way (valid, helpful suggestions) share them. Build up rather than tear down and all that happy crap, eh?

B