Front Bumper Replacement

Has anyone replaced their front bumper on a 96-99 Pathy? Is it easy? Time consuming? How much should it cost (parts+labor) I banged mine up over the winter, and I am finally getting around to fixing it. I'm trying to decide whether to do it myself, or if it's worth it to have a body shop replace it.

Thanks!!!

Funny that you asked, I just got finished repalcing my front end. If you have a socket set and passed elementry school, you can do it yourself. If you need to replace the filler, just get a spray can of your stock paint at a auto paint shop and some primer and clear coat and paint it yourself. It really is exremely easy to do. For parts, I used rockauto.com and ebay, my front end turned out great.]

Edit: Total, it took me about 2 hours to do the ENTIRE front end. I was quoted 2100 to get it fixed, but I spent about 400 and did it myself. Your looking at about 100 an hour AT LEAST for labor, and they will use the factory manual, in which case they are going to say it is longer than 2 hours.

Edited by NismoSkyZ

As long as you don't need to have the bumper painted, it's quite easy to replace yourself. Simply pop off the clips holding the fender liners, fender flares, and splash guard to the bumper and lower bumper cover. There may also be clips, screws or bolts holding the lower bumper cover to the body. Remove these.

Next, remove the turn signals. Look up and inward through the turn signal opening. You should see some nuts holding the bumper bracket to the frame. You don't need to remove them, you just need to loosen them so that the bracket can slide out. In the photo below, the nuts to loosen are the ones holding top of the black bracket (for my TJM bumper) to the frame.

bracket.jpg

You may also need to disconnect the fog lights from their wiring harness.

Finally, the sides of the bumper where it wraps around under the corner lamps, may be clipped to the body. The clips allow the bumper to slide forward. Don't try to pull outward as you remove the bumper.

the nuts to loosen are the ones holding top of the black bracket (for my TJM bumper) to the frame.

bracket.jpg

You may also need to disconnect the fog lights from their wiring harness.

Finally, the sides of the bumper where it wraps around under the corner lamps, may be clipped to the body. The clips allow the bumper to slide forward. Don't try to pull outward as you remove the bumper.

Ok,we get it.You have TJM bumper,and we cant have one.Ever.Maybe we like our lightweight,fuel efficient plastic radiator covers.... :sniff: