I am back. MrJim

MrJim

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Pathfinder will be back on the trails by the summer. It was taken down on a trail run defending the honor of Pathfinders everywhere 2 years ago and right when my long nasty divorce happened. It has sat in my ex's driveway since, but I will be going to get it this month and I plan on getting it back on the road soon.

Then offroad again :aok:

Okay, so here is what happened.

I was at the Obstacle Course Run that is shown on the main site in 2003 or 2004??

Anyway, it was a solid showing all day long on the various trails, etc. They had this nasty nasty mud pit with mud that was the consistancy of running cement. I finally couldn't stand it any longer and I took off through it. It was unknowingly pushing a wave ahead of me through this entire 400 fit pit of slop and as I reached the end and slowed to climb out, the wave bounced and came back and went all into my engine. It didn't shut down, but I could barely keep it running. I had no power. I could rev it up, but when I stepped let the clutch out it just wanted to die.

I got out and my clutch was feeling weird. Then I had a 2 hour trip home and it was sputtering each time I stepped into the gas. The battery had stopped charging and it died on the way home. I had to call Les Schwab for emergency service to bring me a serious battery to get home to Marysville (at that time). By the time I got home, something had spanned in my clutch where it only came 1/2 way up and would only barely engage the clutch when I stepped on it.

Since then, I have replaced the alternator, pressure washed the engine from every angle and it is the same. My divorce and other troubles started soon after and so I let it sit until now. My divorce is over now and so I am ready to go get it and get it back to it's prime again. It looks like brand new sitting over there. Such a waste while it sits...

Soon.... Jim :aok:

post up a time and place when it's all finished so we can do a celebatory wheelin trip. combined celebration for losing the she-devil, getting mr.jim up and running, and to your health and well being. that would be bad a$$. who wouldn't want to participate in that???? well odviously not everyone would be able to make it but we could do pics and video.

• 2 weeks later...

Good grief Jim I hope you kept the best parts! You outta get more air time now!

I was so depressed I went and bought a 4 runner! But it was an evil plot to wrest the 95 Pathy away from the wife and now it is mine alone!!!

(insert diabolical laughter) :takebow:

I haven't seen that video in a while. Fun stuff. The Toyota group we were with were all impressed with the Pathfinders that day.

Its all good...

Jim

Hi MrJim, Im one of the new and probebly younger members, glad to hear your back and doing better, of course once you get back my pathfinder is gone haha seems to be how most things go. but i hope to get a new one and hope to join up. although i paid my dues, i have learned more information here than i could have bought with 10 bucks thanks to redpath, pezzy and 88. i think you have some good people around you

I see where the confusion came from.

Who can join?   We are a Nissan Pathfinder Association and therefore only wish to accept Pathfinder Owners at this time.  This does not mean that if you have a Toyota 4x4, that you will not be allowed to join us on a trail run, but you would just not be a card carrying member of our association.  You MUST HAVE PHOTOS of your Pathfinder to join.  We do not create member pages without this anymore.

No card that I know of (I have never had one either) it's just a way of saying that your an official member of the NPORA club.

• 3 weeks later...