L&P Performance

89_trailboss

Besides all you can get is a judgement, no means of lien or collection.

B

what do you mean by that? of course you can ask a judge to enforce the collections order. it's doable. in IL you can also ask for a body attachment, even in small claims. google it if you don't believe me.

• 1 month later...

Jeez, I must have been blessed. I ordered mine in January and after two weeks of emails and no response I started to file a claim to Paypal. I guess when I did, he got the picture and sent me my CL.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel as if it is time I reply to this topic. You all don't know how hard this is for me.

I have screwed up, and it is time I address that. But, as some of you may realize, it's not all entirely my fault.

Just to let you know what's been going on in my life, although you probably won't care, I have been suffering from MAJOR depression, and the Nissan community hasn't helped that AT ALL. I had suicidal thoughts, although I never attempted it. I was nearly divorced, I saw the papers. My life was falling apart. I am getting the help I need now, and things are getting better. My wife tried to sheild me from the outside world to protect me, and probably didn't help matters a whole lot. Lee deserted me. I wouldn't wish what I went through on my WORST enemy.

This has probably put the final nail in the coffin of L&P. Yes, I put most of them there myself.

I would like to try and rebuild L&P, but I'm not sure that that is possible.

If people can CALMLY email me at phildawkns@aol.com and tell me what they want from me, I will reply to ALL of you and tell you what I can do and in what kind of timeframe. Please give me a few days to return your emails. I know I owe some of you money, and I know I owe some of you parts. Given time, I WILL make good on ALL my obligations.

Phil

Glad to hear things are looking up for you, and to hear of your intentions to make things right with folks here. Good on you.

Hope things continue to improve for you. :beer:

Hey Phil, thanks for taking the time to explain things, and sorry for the difficulties in your life. Don't think that no one cares (few like to hear of someone having a hard time), it's that no one knew...

I'm not sure what went on at other Nissan sites, but I think it is fair to say that most of the people posting here are merely concerned/upset consumers. If you payed $300-400, never got parts, had a truck in pieces and couldn't get a response, you would be upset also. I'm not rubbing your nose in it, just stating it. There have been quite a few people who spoke well of you and your products also, so don't overlook that either.

Your efforts to refund/make good will help to remove some of the tarnish from L&P, but before you rebuild the company, I think you need to get your own things worked out. Stable base and all, you know what I mean. Best of luck with that! :beer:

As a journeyman machinist, I have made many items for people over the years and all too often my efforts to help others has backfired in some manner. I have seen what can happen on a smaller scale...

There you have it people, Phil is back and if you have grievances you can contact him, but try to do so constructively. It'll be better for everyone...

B

Phil,

Just thought I would send my support along to you. I myself know first hand what depression can do to a person. It caused me to fail out of college, twice. It was all I could do to keep every word that came out of my mouth a lie. That was the worst part; I made it nearly impossible for those close to me the see the trouble I was in. Anyways, not to ramble, but get all the help you can. Support from others is the best you can get.

I feel as if it is time I reply to this topic. You all don't know how hard this is for me.

I have screwed up, and it is time I address that. But, as some of you may realize, it's not all entirely my fault.

Just to let you know what's been going on in my life, although you probably won't care, I have been suffering from MAJOR depression, and the Nissan community hasn't helped that AT ALL. I had suicidal thoughts, although I never attempted it. I was nearly divorced, I saw the papers. My life was falling apart. I am getting the help I need now, and things are getting better. My wife tried to sheild me from the outside world to protect me, and probably didn't help matters a whole lot. Lee deserted me. I wouldn't wish what I went through on my WORST enemy.

This has probably put the final nail in the coffin of L&P. Yes, I put most of them there myself.

If people can CALMLY email me at phildawkns@aol.com and tell me what they want from me, I will reply to ALL of you and tell you what I can do and in what kind of timeframe. Please give me a few days to return your emails. I know I owe some of you money, and I know I owe some of you parts. Given time, I WILL make good on ALL my obligations.

Phil

The one and only supercharger is mine... Lee put his pathy down. He now has one sweet Focus Turbo! I think he has put the Nissan book up on the self for now. Times were good while they lasted!

Edited by AK9849cy

Phil

Takes one hell of a man to Say all that :clap::clap::clap:

You could have just ran but you didn't.

Good luck with things man :beer:

I guess I'll stop sending you emails in the hopes that I see some money back. Sorry things have been so bad. Since the core charges have been due since November, I would hope that I see something soon. What is a reasonable amount of time? I'm an easy going guy. I just don't like to be screwed.

Again, sorry for your troubles.

Rich

• 4 weeks later...

I was about to ask if anybody heard from him since his last post. I sent hima PM 2 days ago and am still waiting for a response and my core back since November.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been emailing him almost everyday at three different email addresses. Still Haven't gotten my $190 core charge back. it's been almost a year. I'm about to call him. I have his number here somewhere.

Phil

I love the "I will reply to ALL of you". Well, obviously I am not part of the ALL category. I think I have been patient and calm. That $190 could put a few tanks of gas in my truck and would help out tremendously and maybe restore some faith that I have lost in the human race. BTW, my first email was sent on 3/28/07 and I have sent one almost everyday since. No such reply. So much for rebuilding L&P and really believing that you did something wrong. A lot of people will say that so others will feel bad for them but as for them believing it themselves they almost never do.

Im in the same boat as you. keep emailing him and whatnot. Ill call him if you give me his number. Id like that.

The thing that pisses me off most, is that l&p website is running and he can still have the chance to screw over others.

Phil, Karma is a bitch.

Look, I'm not heartless. It could very well be true. Who am I to say that it didn't happen to him. However, I have seen time and time again when people apologize for something when they really don't mean it. I just want my money back. I purchased something in good faith and returned my parts in good faith also only to be screwed.