"I'm pregnant" "...I had a vasectomy."

88pathoffroad

He forgot 10) Update your resume. You'll need it. We all know we get a bit stupid when stoned. You'll likely screw up and get caught. Hopefully you won't do something stupid enough to physically hurt your coworkers or other innocents. Even if you don't get caught, your work performance is going to suffer. If you think your coworkers are willing to pick up your slack and/or that your employer is OK with you slacking, well, there you go, being stupid again...

He forgot 10) Update your resume. You'll need it. We all know we get a bit stupid when stoned. You'll likely screw up and get caught. Hopefully you won't do something stupid enough to physically hurt your coworkers or other innocents. Even if you don't get caught, your work performance is going to suffer. If you think your coworkers are willing to pick up your slack and/or that your employer is OK with you slacking, well, there you go, being stupid again...

lol... are you one of those D.A.R.E guys? Cause I do it like all the time, and I've been working for the same financial company for a couple years now, and my co-workers even know/have done it WITH me. And how are you gonna get physically hurt? You're high, not drunk... its an extremely different thing. I hate the commercials where some kid shoots his friend cause "OMG NOTHING CAN HURT US"... theres a reason that they dropped those commercials and started with the "what happened when i got high? absolutely nothing... thats why i choose to live my life in the slopes!" commercials.... they realized it was false advertising.

marijuana helps me think alot more uh... deep/wide/complicated when I'm working on something computer related... it makes you think inside of the box, outside of the box... and even BECOME THE BOX... ever wonder who makes the latest version of windows work without paying? its a bunch of people in crappy apartments with a bunch of computers around them while they're on either marijuana, cocaine, or ketamine.

The end result?

vista.jpg

Brilliance.

NOW if you'll excuse me... I have a class to attend while stoned.

Not everybody slacks when they are high...

for instance, i've been cookin in a kitchen for a year and a half now and i never get high before work nor do i hardly ever smoke period anymore because the last time i did, my left hand went in the fryer and the rest is history from there..haha. but, we've had alot of cooks come and go and they all smoke and we've had a few who honestly could not work if they weren't high. i'm not defending it.. just putting out some other words here.

those were some good stories there.. i dont really like the idea the guy in the 2nd story had though.. a chillum (spelling?) would prob. come in a lot more handy.

I'll KINDA agree with you Martin.

I used to partake back when my job was more boredom than work. It allowed me to sit in my chair for 10 hours without getting completely bored. Also lessened my impulse to "hang around the water cooler" if you catch my drift.

However now that I've had a few promotions I don't even consider it, due to actually having to think while I work ;)

Having a desk job is a little less disconcerting to me, now if your operating machinery or somehow involved in an area where a mistake can cause someone major harm, then yeah, update the resume.

Hey, Gabod7, thanks for pointing out how you can get physically hurt. Impeccable timing....

And let's not forget the incident, what was it, about 10 years ago? The one where the lit up passenger train engineer didn't notice all the red lights and, umm, kinda crashed the train.

I am absolutely not an anti-drug fanatic. I've "lived" plenty in my life. And I've learned and seen enough that I am against people using them in a way that it affects others.

..how in gods name do you not see red lights when you're high? I'm sitting in a RED... well its more of a bright orange/brown color chair @ school, and the browser I use has a RED ICON, and I'm high as hell right now... I'm watching the simpsons and laughing @ stuff that would normally not even catch my attention.. I'm also somehow keeping track of conversations all over this massive room and know exactly whats going on in this episode... For some reason all it does is increase my senses significantly... I'll hear, smell, and notice things that I normally wouldnt ever have thought existed.

i think as someone stated above as long as it doesn't cause harm to fellow workers or yourself than by all means take a puff or 2. but if you are like me and work as a mechanic on semi truck engines than i don't think it would be wise. besides that it depends on the employer and if they do drug testing. my employer likes to do the surprise drug test so smoking weed is out of the question. you don't know it's your time until you walk in the door. that's just my .02.

I cry Thread Jacking !!!

As a machinist, it's impossible to do the job stoned not to mention possibly dangerous. Simply not an option and I'm fine with that. I've busted a few subordinates in the past. Didn't do anything other than make them wash parts for 4 hours and promise them if I was to catch them again I'd throw their a$$ out the door so hard they'd land in the next county. P...

B

I smoke more weed than I breathe air, and I live on the waterfront in downtown San Diego. 22 years old. 100% self-made.

I work for Intuit, the company that makes QuickBooks and TurboTax...

"i'd rather die making money, than live poor and legal, as i slang another ounce, i wish it was a kilo"

words taken from 2pac - I'm gettin' money

Edited by FUELER