interior

92pathy

hey i'm wanting to tear out all my carpet and put down some bedliner material on my floor cause its easier to clean and what not, so my question is should i put down some heat insulation then apply the liner? im thinkin i should, i just want some input or if anyone has done this, its also my daily driver.

thnx.

You'll want some sort of insulation under there. Both from heat and noise. Maybe some dynamat or something similar. I remember people posting up a cheaper alternative to dynamat that worked just as well, and it'd probably suit your needs just fine.

ok, i have done some recearch on the subject, and ahve come up with this.

Dynamat - NOT CHEAP

B-Quiet - Not too far behind dynamat

and my fav.

//EDIT

ok, i just followed my own link, and it just took me to the home page, just do a search for "Thermwell Insulation" and it will take you to it. sorry about that

//END EDIT

Thermwell Insulation

Read the product reviews, some one put it in there vett to cut back the nose, and it worked (atleast they said it did)

and its CHEAP, for 15sqft it is only $16.00/USD. -- $1.60 a sqft

Not bad at all, i will be useing this my self when i do the floor.

Jon

Edited by jonainmi

I am working on doing the same thing, take out the carpet for some kind of liner, and i was wondering for those who have done this already, what did you do with all the wiring thats under the carpet that runs along the edges of the doors and under the seats. I don't exactly want to encase it in a manner that makes it unaccessable if i want to change something. Also what did you do to prevent water from getting underneath the liner and what do you do if it does get under? I could devise my own ideas but im curious to see what others have tried.

i completely tore out my carpets and rear seat. i didn't put anything down. just left it bare and ugly. mine's for off-road most of the time anyway. you could make or buy some kind of tubing or c-channel to cover the wiring possibly then screw that down and cover over the top.