some1 stole my cowl vent today

unccpathfinder

so yea the topic pretty much sums it up...i go into work traffic wasnt bad...have a pretty good day at work and i almost always walk around the truck to check out my truck...didnt notice the cowl missing until i hit the on ramp and i was like WTF...

so needless to say i was pretty pissed the rest of the 45 min ride home...who the hell would steal my friggin cowl (besides some1 that needed1) grr if i dont find 1 it looks like the 87 will donate more parts to my 95...

lol....I hate those things....when one of mine flew off on the highway, I said no more, and made new cowls out of some thick rubber I had. Drilled small holes, for air flow (not full garbage flow, which ends up in the blower) I then urethaned them down. Been at least 2 years, and they work great.

I might be hitting the JY in the next two weeks or so and I'll nab a set for you if I do. BTW, I slid some speed nuts on the tabs where the little plastic plunger dealies snap in and mounted mine with screws. Not really any better theft protection, but a helluva lot easier to mess with if you need to remove them.

palunut.jpg

Edited by jj big shoe

Let me get this straight. Your 33's rubbed on a cover on top of the hood when you were turning? Holy crap.

I have about 4 of those stock vent covers in my garage, plus I made some replacement vents for mine, like so:

115625_90_full.jpg

Nice job :clap:

Guest SuperSon

:hide: somebodys been tilting grandpas old cough medicine (casey) hahaha

I think its that word valance that big joe has mentioned thats why he thought it was the front valance.

When i red big joes post I almost ran to my truck and see if it has a cowl on my front valance :P.

88paths idea is pretty cool and you dont get any debris in there.

Edited by SuperSon

Guest SuperSon
I might be hitting the JY in the next two weeks or so and I'll nab a set for you if I do. BTW, I slid some speed nuts on the tabs where the little plastic plunger dealies snap in and mounted mine with screws. Not really any better theft protection, but a helluva lot easier to mess with if you need to remove them.

palunut.jpg

Use some security torx screw .

post-1-1170922699.jpg

i wish i had good ones. i hate my stock cowl vents. all they do is let

lots of snow in when i have the fan on so the inside looks like the outside

(covered in snow)

I think its time to do what 88 did. dunno where to get mesh though ;p

The air blower/dryer at the touch free car wash always blew mine off. I had to look like a idiot stopping the next person in line so I can find my crap in the tunnel. So I got some clips from oreilly that go to a ford and now the only problem is I'll have to break something if I ever need to remove them.

Some highschool kids play a game called stupid steal. It's pretty self explaining. You win if you steal the stupidest thing of the day. You may have been a victim. I was. They stole all the door lock things that screw on and off. I got'em back about 3 days later with a note stuck under my door handle.

Let me get this straight. Your 33's rubbed on a cover on top of the hood when you were turning? Holy crap.

OMG LMFAO

:hide: somebodys been tilting grandpas old cough medicine (casey)  hahaha

oh jesus *falls out of chair* :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Guest SuperSon

Illegal. I think you can buy a 12X12 sheet of speaker grill mesh like that from your local car stereo shop.

I believe METRA makes one.

Im going to stop by a local stereo shop in here later on and see if they have any.Im thinking of putting one on mine just underneath the factory ones.

Edited by SuperSon

so i go talk to the security guard today...and he was like dammit...just the other week some1 stole a dodge truck out of the lot...and today some1 stole a bike helmet off of some1's motorcycle...i think im going to have to park my truck on the grass right out front of my window...

i wish i still had access to the machine shop up on campus...i've got some scrap diamondplate that would be big enough to make 2 and i could paint them black and i think that'd be cool....