What CD is in your player?

nige

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sure everyone is done reading this topic but i have to add my two cents. in heavy rotation in my cd player are:

-THE WHITE STRIPES(for those of you who haven't given them a chance, try listening to their second album De Stijl, it should make you a fan)

-LED ZEPPELIN :bow:

-BLACK SABBATH (so evil)

-PHISH :dance:

-DMB

-GRATEFUL DEAD

-DYLAN

-MARLEY

-HENDRIX

ok that list could go on and on but i love my music and it just sounds so darn good with the windows down coming from that bose system and my six little speakers.

Ever since MTV and MuchMusic came out, bands have really gone down the tubes. I mean, music really sucks right now, and i've had a hell of a time trying to find bands that are actually innovators of new styles and sounds.

Case in point - how many musicians from 60-70's are good looking? (i'll omit the 80's because that's just a mess) Now that they're all on T.V. and in the limelight, you don't want an ugly musician/band; they don't sell records! Instead, you're finding folks like Britney, Agularia(sp?) Usher, Beyonce etc... who look good, can sing alright, but cannot write worth a darn. They also cop so many samples and styles of previous bands gone by that they are just regurgetating the same stuff that came out years ago, but it sounds like garbage, because they're missing the whole point of that kind of music. It was cool because it was some next sh*t, cutting edge stuff that no-one had ever heard before (zepplin, hendrix...) and music nowadays can't even come close to replicating/imatating etc. what those bands had going on at that time.

But the records sell, because MTV and Much don't really care about promoting GOOD music... just whatever they can cross-brand their advertiser's products and styles associated with these 'megastars' to sell to todays youth. They want the kids so wrapped up, drinking pepsi, eating doritos, driving in a cadillac escalade ext (what a stupid truck) on 24" rims, stepping on the gas in your brand new reeboks, that they don't even give a sh*t about whether or not the music in their CD player is good.

My advice to you all: stop watching TV, and tell that to as many kids as you can, before it turns them into product-consuming zombies. Give them a zepplin tape to turn them on to the good stuff too.

On a funny side note; if any of you were at the toronto auto show this year, and passed by the mercedes benz exhibit, did any of you notice that they had Jay-Z blasting out of every speaker and LCD screen? What kind of young kid that listens to that music has the minimum $40 000 to blow on one of those cars?

Marketers are EVIL

Every Incubus album plus bootleg live stuff :aok:

Chevelle (booth albums)

Thrice (Artist and the Ambulance)

Slipknot :angry:

Linkin Park

DMB

MUSHROOM HEAD

Bone Thugs

Floggin Mollie :beer:

and mixed CDs hiphop and heavy, alt., country -alcohol-

PANTERA.....COWBOYS FROM HELL!

gotta love 'tera. :beer:

right now though:

The best of The Doors 1&2

G. Dead - The arista years 2

Iron Maiden - Killers

P. Jam - Yield

Buju Banton - Inna Heights

Sting - Mercury falling

No Doubt - Rock Steady

Gipsy Kings - 1988

Maribal

todays selection

Malmsteen- Rising Force

Twista

Ying Yang Twins with Lil John

VNV Nation and Wumpscut

Rammstien (dont know what they are singing but i like what i hear!)

gotta mix it up some time

Guest Otsego

limp bizkit

finger eleven

ill nino

STATIC-X :bow:

killswitch engage

got a few more in the counsel dealie as well

Hmmm......

Sevendust

Slipknot

Disturbed

Shinedown

Earshot

I have something like 80 CD's in my truck right now.......rotating as necessary!! :D

• 8 months later...

This week's rotation, subject to change:

Pink Floyd ~ A Momentary Lapse of Reason, Delicate Sound of Thunder

Collective Soul ~ Youth

Peter Gabriel ~ Us, Shaking the Tree

Depeche Mode ~ Violator

Kenny Wayne Shepherd ~ Trouble Is

Roger Waters ~ Radio K.A.O.S.

Tom Petty ~ Greatest Hits

Loreena McKennitt ~ Book of Secrets.....in case I feel road rage coming on !

:beer:

MP3's like whoa.

I put all my CDs onto MP3 cds organized by genre and then alphabetized by artist. Each artist has a folder, then each album is in a sub folder. This is much better than toting around that enormous CD binder.

Petey Pablo: Still Writing In My Diary The 2nd Entry

I know, I know, I am a wigger let the smoting begin. :hide:

lol

Ludacris: Redlight District

Lil Jon and the Eastside Boys: Crunk Juice

Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the fallen

Atreyu: The Curse

Static-X: Machine

rotates thru the week