33 X 10.50 Tires

dwrounds

Hey Guys-

I am currently having the AC lift installed. Currently I have 31 x 10.50 BFG All Terrains on my pathy and would like to go to a larger size. I was thinking of getting 33 x 10.50 BFG All Terrains. Does anyone know if these tires will fit, and if I will have excessive amounts of tire rub while flexing? I know I will have to get new rims with 3.75" of back spacing. Anything else I should think about?

I have the AC lift and a 1" spacer and had to cut about 1" off the front bumper and cut the rear of the fender about 2" and pull both liners as far back as possible to clear 32's on a 15X8 3.75" BS. I think you can do it you will just need to pull the inner fenders out and cut as far as possible and it might still rub when flexing. When you reinstall the inner fenders make new holes in them and pull them out of the way the best you can.

The AC lift only took me 4-5 hours to install and I did it by myself so don't pay someone to put it in if you have the space and tools. You just need to take the struts down to a shop and have them compressed.

You'll need to slap a 3" body lift on as well to fit 33s. You could get away with 32s with a bunch of fender trimming, just don't take any big jumps.

R50's are unibody. So no body lift. 32"s fit fine with little to no trimming.

I believe a few people are running 33"s with the addition of strut spacers. Hopefully they will chime in with their experiences for you.

I did the AC lift on my 2003 R-50 and put BFG 33x9.5x15 tires on my rig. Very minor trimming, mainly excess plastic. I did remove the rear mud flaps. I get some slight rubbing but it is only on inner plastic that I need to cut off. They look great, work fantastic except for deep sand and I ended up with over 5 inches of lift over all.

You'll need to slap a 3" body lift on as well to fit 33s. You could get away with 32s with a bunch of fender trimming, just don't take any big jumps.

Wake up and go back to the old codger forums! P...:lol::lol:

My 32s fit fine. I've got over 80,000 hard miles on my AC coils (and they were the early ones that sagged more than the current ones). I only get rubbing when there is snow or ice build-up behind the wheels. I could probably fit some 33s now with my truck as it sits. :aok:

^^^Sorry, I always assume everyone here actually owns a truck. :P

I'll mosey on back to the home now. I've got shuffleboard at 4:00 and tonight they're serving apple sauce and prunes.

**damn kids**

:D

funny :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

Not too sure where to as this, didn't want to start another infamous tire thread but.

What's the biggest tire that can fit underneath an R50s spare tire compartment?

Getting tires and wheels, and thought maybe even getting a 5th set to replace my stock spare. Doesn't look good with a chrome spare with 3 black wheels rolling down the street. Never had to drop the spare tire to check the size (knock on wood), but I'm assuming its a 30.