2001 SE power window problem

Little Mule

Hey guys,

Still working on my 88. The holidays slowed me a little.

But in the mean time, my wife's 01 is developing a problem. The driverside power window starts going down at normal speed. But when it gets half way down, it starts going real slow like it is straining. Going back up it goes at normal speed the entire way. I haven't taken it apart yet, so I'm just seeing if anyone has had this problem too before I get started.

Thanks.

Hey guys,

Still working on my 88. The holidays slowed me a little.

But in the mean time, my wife's 01 is developing a problem. The driverside power window starts going down at normal speed. But when it gets half way down, it starts going real slow like it is straining. Going back up it goes at normal speed the entire way. I haven't taken it apart yet, so I'm just seeing if anyone has had this problem too before I get started.

Thanks.

Sounds like it needs lube on the slides, pretty common issue. Do a search, there is a lengthy post on it here somewhere, complete with pictures and the lube you need. I just used a silicone spray down each track and it cured it up really well.

That worked pretty good. Window works 90% better. Motor still sounds like it strains a little. Funny how it timed with the coldest weather that we've had around here in Phoenix in about 20 years. I won't complain because a lot of you live up north, but it has gotten down in the 20's F a few times last week and killed the leaves on a bunch of my trees. Brrrr. Turn up the heat! :beer:

PS: this website rocks!