Daytime Running Light Control Module

LD50

I remember reading quite a while ago that the DRLCM could be taken apart and the problematic joints could be re-soldered. I took my faulty one apart tonight, but I don't see what might need re-soldering... So what do you know? :blink:

drlcmclose.jpg

drlcmdark.jpg

drlcmblurr.jpg

drlcmback.jpg

I want to save $90.... that could get me some more lights :lol:

Usually it's the joints just under the two big relays. You might have to look really close to see them, they tend to be just hairline cracks. If you apply pressure back and forth on the relays they should be visible. If not, then you might have something else that's faulty.

If it isn't a cold solder, plug it in and see if the relays acctivate when you turn on the Path. If they activate, it might not be your DRL at all. (just remember to make sure nothing shorts out when you test)

let us know how you make out,

Denis

I took another quick look... didnt find any cracks. I know this is the problem though because this summer I was in a hurry to find the problem so I just had a shop run a dignostic, and this is what it came down to.

Anyways, I'll have another look with a magnifying glass

• 11 years later...

My drivers side headlight wasnt working on high or low beam with a brand new bulb, passenger side worked fine hi/lo. I removed the battery and then the DRL module, opened it up and saw a cracked solder under one of the relays, soldered it back together and now they work fine! Thanks NPORA!