Gas, How far do you go?

Guest David Bartlett

hahaha it's funny to see how cheap gas was at the beginning of this thread.

btw I get 400km per tank. the best i ever got was 600km on my way to florida through the mountains.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DTECH

I am getting 17.5 MPG and 385 too the tank and I live in So Cal and fight traffic everyday Gas is at 2.80 I paid 60 bucks to fill up. The person who owned it before me put 30's on it so that could be wrong, probably not by much though. I don't think 31's will affect the MPG to much.

BTW I HATE THE 405. Hundreds of thousands of cars going in and out of the valley through an itsy bitsy 12 lane, 6 each way, freeway. During rush hour you are lucky to see 15 MPH. But they are adding another 2 lanes to it so maybe that will help.

DTECH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got an 89 SE V6 with pacesetter headers, 2.5" catback exhaust, magnaflow muffler, K&N air filter, modified air cleaner housing, and a tornado fuelsaver. I usually get around 450km on 65-70 litres of fuel if babied. If heavy on the pedal, more like 415-425km.

holy @!*%!!!

my best was 330km to a tank!!! 89 with full 2.5" exhauste, flowmaster 40 no cat. 8mm plug wires new cap rotor, air filter. now I have yet to do a full tank without some wheeling (usually 4 low type of stuff) so im usually using 1/4 tank jsut for wheeling, but still... it sux. and beeing 16 with no job right now is making things alittle tight :( I do have 31's and 3.5" sus lift, 4 6" lights on the roof and a fresh layer of mud all the time.

but my dads totaly stock 94 path. 235's. is getting 440 km to a tank. that isnt that good from the sounds of it...

The tanks are 80L, or about 21 Gallon.

I've run my truck out of fuel at least three times and i've never been able to squeeze more than about 72L into mine.

My fuel tank is 'clearanced' from alot of off roading, but even when i got the truck, 70L was the most it would take.

My last fuel receipt (from dead empty to full) was 71.05 liters. I got 550 Km's on that tank.

So, that's 342 miles driven

18.79 gallons of fuel purchased (1 liter = 0.264172051 gallons)

18.2 MPG

and i was getting 12.4 MPG before the rebuild.

At current gas prices, and the amount i drive, i'm saving something like $30 per week! -bounce-

• 2 weeks later...

I average between 16-18 mpg, with 33" ATs...I can't complain really. Ido a lot of highway driving...probably around 40-50 miles on the highway a day. I will definitely be adding a "lock-out" switch soon to better control my overdrive...maybe get another mpg or so I hope. Next comes 4.9 gears.

Edited by HarryChest

• 3 weeks later...

I just refilled my Terrano to the top again after doing 622km from the last fill up and it used 67.7lt of diesel so it's working out at 9.18km/lt or 10.88lt per 100km. Incidentally it was still reading about midway between 1/4 and empty on the guage so assuming the guage is accurate I guess I could possibly see 700km from a full tank to empty.

-Ed

Don't know what I'm getting at the moment though I've got it written down at home (will post soon). But thought I may post this link too:-

Acetone fuel suplement

Sounds like it gets results adding a little acetone to your petrol.

I'm thinking of trying this but before I do, has anyone else tried it, or what's the consesus here? Good or Bad!? :huh:

Mark

Mythbuster says actually a negative result in mpg. went from like 24mpg to 18. I forgot what kind of car. Like a 87 buick or something similar

Great Gas Conspiracy

Myth: Automakers and fuel suppliers are in collusion to keep us dependent on expensive gasoline and inefficient cars. There are many devices that one can use to cut your fuel consumption.

They got a carbureted car and a fuel-injected car to test several types of devices. The cars were placed on a dynamometer, which allows the car to drive without moving anywhere.

Test devices and additives:

Fuel line magnets: working on the "principles of hydrodynamics," they are supposed to align the molecules for more efficient consumption.

Acetone additive: supposed to make gasoline burn more efficiently

300mpg 'super' carburetor

Hydrogen fuel cell generator: flammable hydrogen gas produced by electrolysis. Adam labeled it "Gasbuster: Stickin' it to the Man"

They tested each car on the dynamometer at 35mph and 55mph with each 'device.'

Carburetor car:

Baseline: 17mpg at 35mph and 25mpg at 55mph

Magnets: exactly the same as baseline busted

Acetone: 16.7mpg at 35mph and 24mpg at 55mph busted

Super carb: much worse than baseline, 12mpg at 35mph and 17.7mpg at 55mph busted

Fuel-injected car

Baseline: 19mpg at 35mph and 27mpg at 55mph

Magnets: 18mpg at 35mph and 26mpg at 55mph busted

Acetone: 18mpg at 35mph and 26mpg at 55mph busted

link to mythbusters

Edited by dagwoodzz

• 3 weeks later...

Original Engine (290K)

Highest Recorded: 20.843MPG / 440MPT

Lowest Recorded: 15.770MPG / 333MPT

Current Engine (134K)

Current High: 19.379MPG / 409MPT