Gas, How far do you go?

Guest David Bartlett

I usually fill from close to empty (gas light fades on and off) and it costs me between $50-$60 for 60-70+L with the price being around .77-.85 cdn. That usually lasts me 450-500k.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

did a fresh calc on mileage

a 313 000 km old manual 4cyl carby

13mpg

which equaltes to APPROX 400kms from 65-66 litres of juice

Guest tram_bethea

I can only go about 200 miles with a tank of gas. It cost me a little over 28 dollars to fill up these days.

• 1 year later...

WOW! Read this from the beginning posts in 03 and just noticed the gas prices some of you fellow Canadians were stating. In the 50's :blink: HAHAHA MAaaaaan, those were the days. You could drive across canada with a 350 Camperized van and still make it fit the budget. :cool2: Can't get a freaking litre for less then a buck now. And I swear I actually SEE my fuel needle move when I drive and it's bloody well Never going in the right direction. :furious: Last I checked I was getting about 440-480kms from topped right up to Gas light fading On and Off.

:idea:

*Open's the Mr. Dress Up Trunk once again and pulls out the Robin Hood Tights *

:idea:

Looks like its time to break out the Always Trusty, Never Failing, Good Old Fashioned, Syphon Hose and start Stealing from the Rich and Giving to the Poor. Poor meaning Me of course. :angry:

Dowser

Edited by Dowser

... Last I checked I was getting about 440-480kms from topped right up to Gas light fading On and Off.

That's pretty much what I was getting when stock.

Now it's 250km city and barely 300km highway- according to the GPS.

Um, my book says 21.1 for the Pathy and 15.9 for the HB, so...probably not, but I could be wrong. Maybe your gas guage just shows a bit lower than it really is, eh?

I have run out of gas completely in my '95 and filled it back up with 18.3 gallons. I might of put maybe 0.5-1 gallon of gas to get me to the station. My guess is a 19 gallon tank.

• 1 month later...

i thought it had to do with the differnt types of pahtys...i thought that the 21 gallon only came with the " off road edition"....with the limited slip, and other misc. things....cuz yea mines only like 18 gallons...

Guest richardbatko

i usually go 12 city and 14 highway in the winter, and 14 city and 17 highway in the summer with 31" dueler m/t's

mine usually cost me $40 to fill up. with the 20 or so gallon tank.

as soon as i get the 305 V8 in there with the multi port, i bet it will actually do better than that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got a 88' and i can fill right to the top and baby the hell out of it and i can just barley get 250km out of it if im lucky(im not a lucky person..lol).. i cleaned the air filter its an AFE and new fuel filter and it still sucks back the gas faster than i can put it in.. i just dont no what to do any more??? :huh: any sugestions??

Time for a serious tune up...

I have an '87 and usually gas up around 250-300 miles!

When I bought it, it was getting barely over 10. Now it's up to around 20 on freeway, and 15 in town. I drive with money conservation in mind - I accelerate just fast enough to keep up with traffic.

If you're routinely getting less than 15 mpg and not driving it hard, it needs some TLC. There are several posts floating about on fuel economy.

• 1 month later...

I have been getting about 180 for years with stock 31s. I also think my 89 has a 19 gallon tank as well as I ran out a while back and it only took about 19 to fill it.. do the multiport motors get better mileage than us tbi motors?

I have been getting about 180 for years with stock 31s. I also think my 89 has a 19 gallon tank as well as I ran out a while back and it only took about 19 to fill it.. do the multiport motors get better mileage than us tbi motors?

Theoretically, they should. But based on the postings in this thread, it is far less a significant factor than tire size, tune up condition, and driving style.

You have a 21.1 gallon tank, just like everyone else. They only used one size tank on the Pathys AFAIK.

18.4 mpg my new personal best! -bounce- I must admit I did cheat. :hide: My Grand Am lost the water pump so I've made the Pathy my DD. Went to Alabama this weekend 350 mi. round trip. Coming back got on the bumper of an 18 wheeler and drafted the whole way home. Ran at 3100rpm, no hills and no wind from Alabama to Louisiana.

Edited by dagwoodzz

Another data point:

Ran to Portland for the weekend. 1000 miles round trip, almost all freeway, including through and over the Cascade and Siskiyou mountains.

Just over 19 mpg average. Cruising with traffic at 65 to 80 mph.

'87, 5 speed, 200K miles, good tune up, about 1" lift, P255-70/16 tires (same as 31x10.5), electric fan, cruise control in use on flats.

I've got MPI, 94 Pathy. Bought it pretty much stock with 31x10.5 and averaged around 18-19 hwy, depending on driving, mountains, etc. and about 15 around town. Many mods later, close to 6" lift, roof rack and lights, 31x12.5 tires, etc. etc. I'm at about 15 hwy and maybe 13-14 around town. From the higher loss at highway speed, I'm sure its due to the increased drag. But whattya do.