Gas, How far do you go?

Guest David Bartlett

Guest David Bartlett

Seems to me that our Pathy's are a little hard on the juice. $25cdn or 36 liters gets me around 200km's or mixed driving. What are you guys getting?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I usually drive mine to pretty close to empty, put $10 US in it (about 13 gallons) , fills it a to about half, and I can get about 200+ Miles if i baby her a lot.

If i don't baby her i get less than 200

Guest bob89se

Just the other day i thought there was a good chance i'd run out gas from a previous fillup but didn't. I got 307 miles!. Pertty i thought from such a heavy vehicle.

Mine i haven't driven enough to figure out yet! But i filled it up @ 69.9 /L

46.49L X 0.699 =32.50 canada bucks saw today it was 65.8. Getting lower...

Well i have driven last 3 days and it sitting at full still after alot of roudy drives all over and outta town.. Tuneups and fuel filter changes i do regularly + make sure you timing belt done and oil + filter changes every 30 days. Runs tight so far!

PVC valve is one that supposed to help economy gas mileage i read somewhere? :rolleyes:

When I was stock with 235's, I used to be able to get just over 400kms on a tank.

Now, I don't even care as I'd just depress myself.

The common range is usually around 16/18, but lots say 19/20 - give or take a few kms.

10MPG? what is wrong with it? My almost father in law with like a 23000 dollar land cruiser with a 383 Stroker and LT1 Fuel Injection and 33's gets 9MPG. Jeezo do you ride the throttle or something? :)

Hell if I know. All I can say is that I'm sick and tired of trying to fix the thing. It runs smoothly, stays running for prolonged periods of time, and doesn't die in the middle of the road any more. I'm not TOUCHING it again unless I have to!

Oh, BTW, I get more like 4 MPG at the sand dunes. A whole tank of gas in 75-90 miles of driving.

I get 12 mpg with my 33's. The best I have ever gotten with any tires on my 1994 is about 14-15 mpg. My 96 gets better with it's stock tires and with my wife driving it. You do not buy a Pathfinder to save money on gas. :D

Hey Nick, where are you buying your gas? If you can buy 13 gallons of gas with $10, I want to fill up there. $10 should get you 7-8 gallons of gas these days.

:blink:

Jim, 12-15 mpg? And here I was thinking about moving up (?) to 33's at the next tire swap. I'm getting an average of 17 mpg on 31X10.5's mostly stop and go and commuting driving, up to the low 20's on highway road trips. Obviously lower off road and pulling and such. Does anyone else experience this? If so, looks like I'll be going wider for now and not taller, in lieu of a bigger motor or rig. On another note, check out my post on the Garage area.

I get 12 mpg with my 33's. The best I have ever gotten with any tires on my 1994 is about 14-15 mpg. My 96 gets better with it's stock tires and with my wife driving it. You do not buy a Pathfinder to save money on gas. :D

Hey Nick, where are you buying your gas? If you can buy 13 gallons of gas with $10, I want to fill up there. $10 should get you 7-8 gallons of gas these days.

:blink:

:) Ok maybe I over exaggerated. I put $10 in and it goes from empty tank to half full tank. Im not positive how many gallons that is but im paying $1.59 a gallon. But I drive 6 miles to get the gas because everywhere else is 1.89 a gallon :)

Wide is as bad as tall is. Tall will hurt your low end power and will affect your city mileage, while wide hurts your wind resistance and will drop your mpg on the highway. If you want optimal mileage, you will need to go with stock street tires.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With my '88 I get about 18 in the summer and 14 in the winter with commuting to and from college...interstate part of the way. If it's all interstate I get about 22, and if it's winter and I use 4WD I get about 10 or 11. Of course, when it's -5 for a high in ND it pretty much shoots raw gas through :)

• 3 weeks later...

My 95 SE gets about 420-450Kms on a full tank which I guess is acceptable given that it's got 31X10.50X15" tires. My dad's Exploder gets about the same, and he's got little 235x75x15" on it, and he babies it. I drive a lot harder and get the same mileage, so I'm pretty happy considering.

I found that the Platinum +4's helped, as well as the K&N filter. Though, the cold weather here has hurt it a little.

Hmmm. I'm running 31x10.50s on a stock '91 SE and I have always gotten 18.5 mpg w/mostly highway driving (75mph), and around 16-17mpg when driving stop and go. I have done some extensive testing in the past and found that I can get around 21mpg if I set the cruise on 65mph (but who wants to do that!?!).

Most recently, I did a tuneup on the vehicle at 130K miles (new plugs, wires, dist cap, fuel/air filter), and have been getting over 20 mpg on long trips (75mph)! After 5 tanks of gas, I don't believe this is a fluke. The only thing different has been the tuneup and the fact that I'm running 5W-50 oil instead of the usual 10W-30 or 10W-40. Weird!

I just put gas in my Pathie from almost competely empty and it cost me $54 cdn for 70+liters @.765/liter. I just got my truck and i reset my trip meter so i'll keep you all informed on the data i've collected... the truck will be stored for the next month as i do repairs to get it set for the road... i'm so excited... it's my first truck!

• 3 months later...

thats what mine does ... shows lower than it really is ... darn auxillary guage doesn't show right either ... but I have had that thing pretty low before and still had to put about 19 gallons in it ...