100 Rounds 45ACP

Deodorant (Red Spice Fresh)

Laser Pointer

3" Knife

Business Cards

Phone Charger

Lighter

In Back:

Change of clothes (gym shorts, socks, underwear)

1 Gallon 5W30

1 Gallon SAE30 Turbine Oil (power steering or in emergency transmission)

1 Quart Brake Fluid

1 Gallon Distilled Water

Can of Penetrating Oil

Can of Copper Anti-seize

Assortment of 30k# Nylon Slings

Assortment of 15k# IWRC Wire Rope Slings

4 17k# Shackles

2 Snatch Blocks

Small Tool Box (3/8" socket set, 6-19mm wrenchs, screw drivers, etc etc)

21mm Socket and Breaker Bar

EXTRAS WHEN CAMPING

In Back:

Beretta Silver Pigeon Pump 12ga.

100 Shells 12ga.

100 Rounds 45ACP

Chain Saw (STIHL)

Axe

Tent

5 Gallons Drinking Water

Cheap Cooking Oil (for easy camp fire startup)

Coffee

Food

Edited by onespiritbrain
  • Like 3

ALWAYS WITH ME

Up Front:
Bible
Kahr Arms CW45
100 Rounds 45ACP
Deodorant (Red Spice Fresh)
Laser Pointer
3" Knife
Business Cards
Phone Charger
Lighter

In Back:
Change of clothes (gym shorts, socks, underwear)
1 Gallon 5W30
1 Gallon SAE30 Turbine Oil (power steering or in emergency transmission)
1 Quart Brake Fluid
1 Gallon Distilled Water
Can of Penetrating Oil
Can of Copper Anti-seize
Assortment of 30k# Nylon Slings
Assortment of 15k# IWRC Wire Rope Slings
4 17k# Shackles
2 Snatch Blocks
Small Tool Box (3/8" socket set, 6-19mm wrenchs, screw drivers, etc etc)
21mm Socket and Breaker Bar

EXTRAS WHEN CAMPING

In Back:
Beretta Silver Pigeon Pump 12ga.
100 Shells 12ga.
100 Rounds 45ACP
Chain Saw (STIHL)
Axe
Tent
5 Gallons Drinking Water
Cheap Cooking Oil (for easy camp fire startup)
Coffee
Food
Man, do you have any room for the family? Lol

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, 03TroutFinder said:

Man, do you have any room for the family? Lol

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

haha yeah they squeeze in. Nah i keep all the stuff in the back tightly packed in a box and the stuff in the front fits in the center console, glove box, and behind the seats. I actually left some stuff out like my muck boots and ratchet straps, among other things. If i ever get around to building a new sound system then i'll have to rethink what all stays.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

ATF, funnel, microfibre rag. the ancient emergency car jack (still seems operable but never actually used it on my truck), the passenger side headlight wiring cover panel, a support beam to compensate for the dead shocks on my rear hatch, and... the sunroof cover.

somehow the support clips on my sunroof broke off. noticed that they're interchangeable but god knows where i can come across those specific bits of plastic on the web

also if it counts a bluetooth transmitter inside the cigarette lighter. stock radio with inoperable cassette module (a heartbreaker for someone who actually has cassettes)

Edited by fleenz

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with wheel366. Haha. But seriously;

A small shovel

Shotgun

Good flashlights and batteries

First aid kit

Gas can

Jack

Lug wrench

Tow cable

Water

High conspiquity hazard sign

Coolant

Socket wrenches

Small tool set

Crowbar

Matches/lighter

Jumper cables

Hatchet

Water

Rain jacket/ rain shell

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Spare headlight bulbs.  

This one is so important that I feel that I need to make a YouTube video about it. 

Sure, you can get a replacement headlight bulb in just about any town, any auto parts store, if it's in stock. But your headlight burns out at night. When the store isn't open. And having one or no headlights can be dangerous... and can get you pulled over. In a post 9/11 world, the cops have lots of terrorism and tactical training, and we're not getting the best people as police officers. If you're lucky, you'll get a "fix it ticket". You can get fined, for just the headlight, or a bunch of stuff. And your time wasted on the side of the road.
More than not these days, the police getting hired have mental or personality issues, are authoritarian, below average intelligence, hot headed, and looking for a reason to escalate things. If your paperwork is not in order? You could have a really bad time. Some people are even being shot for "reaching", or "moving" or getting out of their vehicle.

Having spare bulbs on hand, means that you can fix your headlight anywhere, anytime. Avoid getting pulled over. 
in 2017, I was pulled over for no (legitimate) reason. The officer kept asking for my ID, and I kept asking why they pulled me over. This continued until he called for back up and a supervisor, and then I was arrested for "obstruction of justice" and "resisting arrest" and my truck was towed. Between bail and getting my truck back, we're looking at over $5,000 and 3 days of wasted time. 3 years later, charges were never filed, but he probably thinks he taught me a lesson for not respecting his authority or something. 

I don't carry nearly as much as I used to, unless I go wheeling obviously.

Basic recovery gear (mostly for winter, but it stays in year-round)

Jumper cables (pretty much the only thing I ever actually need)

An MRE (which I forgot was in there for a while...I wonder when it expires, do they??)

Camp chair (waiting for people in style ?)

Almost always have a camera with me too, but that doesn't live in the car.

Just the stock tire change tools, but I don't even have a spare...with all the crap I had in there before, I lost all the utility of the vehicle due to having a full trunk, and I'd have to go get my keys and walk outside everytime I needed a screwdriver, so no more toolboxes or spare parts live in the trunk.

MREs are guaranteed to last 7 years, up to 14, with inspections on all years after 7.
However, that depends on the "store in a cool dry place". 
The warmer it gets, the faster it expires. Storing in a vehicle, where the temperatures can exceed 120 easily and regularly, an MRE can expire in a single summer. 

4 minutes ago, AaronHorrocks said:

MREs are guaranteed to last 7 years, up to 14, with inspections on all years after 7.
However, that depends on the "store in a cool dry place". 
The warmer it gets, the faster it expires. Storing in a vehicle, where the temperatures can exceed 120 easily and regularly, an MRE can expire in a single summer. 

That is some seriously good information, thanks man! Any chance you have recommendations on something that would store better in a car? I just like to have something with me for emergencies, but I hope I don't need it regularly, so I don't want to be throwing out MRE's every now and again.

Perhaps I could just swap out the MRE annually and eat the old one.

I don't know of any food that will last if stored in a vehicle. The HOT- Cool - HOT cool cycle destroys even non perishables. 
I would keep a case of MREs handy under my desk at the office, and some in a "go back" or "day pack". and the pack travels with me from house to car, car to work or whatever. Or I'd even have a case handy at home, and then going on a trip, throw the case of MREs and a couple gallons of water in the truck. 

Food is just one of those things that you can't store in a vehicle for a long period of time, unfortunately. 

• Thanks 1

MREs are bad enough when they're good! I ate one while camping with friends several years ago and it spent most of the night violently reorganizing my insides.

I like to keep granola bars in the glovebox. When I remember to put them there, I end up eating them soon after, so they don't have enough time to go bad.