Auto Trans install

hookemdevils22

i've got a 94 2WD pathy with an auto trans in it (well, not currenty, but that's why i'm posting). has anyone done a tranny install on these? i found something on 4WDs, but nothing for 2WDs, and there wasn't a whole lotta info there. the trans is aready out, but the shop says they won't be able to touch it for at least a week. because it's my sole mode of transportation, i'd like to get it up and running by the weekend. i've got a tranny jack, a bunch of tools, and some time, but i was wondering about how long it would take and if there are any tricks i need to know.

thanks,

Trev

IIRC, the 2wd transmissions are way easier! How much of your truck is tore down? Normally you have to remove the torsion bars to get the trans out, but 2wd you may not have to. Its actually pretty basic bolt in stuff if you are mechanically inclined. The starter and trans cooler lines are going to be the toughest part.

i believe the 2wd is going to be hellof a lot easier...as stated earlier...but i'll send u a lil present via PM (if i can find it i dont have my PC right now...toasted my MB so i dont have any bookmarks but i'll see if i cant find it and send it ot ya it'll answer everything)...

but i believe u will:

remove T bars, tranny Xmember, Tbar Xmember, exhaust down tube, starter, driveshaft, 8-12 bolts on the tranny, shift linkage and possibly lever and all of ure cooler/electrical lines...just keep a look out for the message cuze my new MB should be here weds if i cant find the link...

**edit**

PM sent... :aok:

and i forgot...about 3 6" extensions and a U-joint makes the removal and install A LOT easier (esp the very top 2 bolts)... pepboys has the 1/2", 2/8" and 1/4" drive u joints in a bunch for like $8

Edited by unccpathfinder