places to wheel

94extreme

Booo! everything is in the south. anything near northern indiana??? the only place i know is attica and my backyard forest.

nope.. no OHV designated places up there.. a few in MI.. one ways north of st. joe. -- dunes

silver lake sand dunes (S.P.?) http://www.4x4now.com/trmisl.htm

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-1...34760--,00.html

Edited by mzxtreme

In Illinois, for parks we have:

Rockport Offroad Park

The Cliffs Insane Terrain

Also, there are a few "roads" in the Shawnee National Forest that are decent 4x4 trails. Never been on those roads, so don't know EXACTLY where they are, but have heard they ARE there. Someday, I will explore.

I've been to both parks, and they are decent, although not huge. Something for about everybody at both parks. Some BADASS rocks at RORP. Watch The Cliffs when it's REAL wet. There are some "bottomless" mudholes there.

Also, getting just a bit further away, the folks at RORP, Tom and Debbie Wombles, have opened up a NEW park just a few miles down the road in Missouri, called "Hannibal Rocks". Mostly rocks, from what I hear, but don't know. Haven't been there yet. There isn't a website for ity yet, but lots of info and links on RORP's home page.

it's supposed to be.. too bad i didn't go check it out a couple of years ago when i was right by it but MN offers all kinds of adventurous drives and i opted for the most northern E-W road (paths/trails) i could find and that was fun too. remote as hell but beautiful. now the iron range ohv is supposed to be pretty tough. lot's of gnarly rocks and such. you either need a beater or a well armored truck. when i go back up that way i will try to explore this park though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! what about SD??

I guess there is only one 'Finder from SD on here....

Dont have a link but about 5 miles from my house is a place called Camp 5.

Peterson's called it one of the toughest spots in the Midwest....

Four-wheeler just did a big write up about Rapid City (my hometown) and farmingdale.....a big wheeling place around here....

COME ON? WHERE'S THE SD LOVE??

Hey! what about SD??

I guess there is only one 'Finder from SD on here....

Dont have a link but about 5 miles from my house is a place called Camp 5.

Peterson's called it one of the toughest spots in the Midwest....

Four-wheeler just did a big write up about Rapid City (my hometown) and farmingdale.....a big wheeling place around here....

COME ON? WHERE'S THE SD LOVE??

Well its about time you chimed in :P but there is a member in Nebraska; so maybe y'all can get hooked up :cool2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...