Y pipe- - where to find

lgranch

I did a search and found nothing on a 95 about a Y pipe. Most everyone will tell me to just put on headers, but the truck is ready for the scrap yard and I do not want to put alot of money in it. The pipe in question is Nissan part # 20020-31G17. Walker sells one 40353 that will not fit with the OEM system. I have talked to Walker and they designed the system to only match their parts. I can not find anyone locally willing to make one because of the odd bend in the short portion of the pipe. Anyone know where to find the right part. Nissan wants $280 and 2 weeks. Anyone have a good piece from a header install????

As with many on the forum this already caught the truck on fire once. Patched all the holes, added a makeshift heat shield, but that will not last the winter, plus it is load. Local cops are just watching until it passes their tolerence limit.

Someone can offer some help I am sure

Guest SuperSon

If nothin else you can check at www.partsbin.com I came across a walker Y pipe for $124 shipped

1995 Nissan Pathfinder

Part Name Y Pipe Click Image to Enlarge

Part #40353

Brand Walker

Engine - Fits 3.0L, V6, GAS, FI, VIN "H", VG30E - LE

3.0L, V6, GAS, FI, VIN "H", VG30E - SE

3.0L, V6, GAS, FI, VIN "H", VG30E - XE

Year 1994 - 1995

Description Y PIPE -- Stock Replacement, Original Equipment Quality, Sold Individually

Your Price $124.42

Free Shipping On Orders Over $50

The Walker pipe 40353 does not fit with the other Nissan pipes. I have talked to Wlaker technical and that have multiple reports of the same problem. The down pipe from the left bank and the connector pipe to the cat both are designed to fit inside the Y pipe. The Walker pipe is too small.