Rear locking diff

TerranoNZ

We used to weld the rear axle for Enduro cars racers but for a daily driver on the roads, no way. Though sideway squeeeeling corners are fun...if you can afford the rubber.

• 3 weeks later...

So I've been looking around online and wondering has anyone drilled and pinned(or bolted) the gears on here. A new guy at my work has a 2wd toyota (tundra I think) that he welded up and its got me wanting to look into my (super cheap) options again. At least if I drilled and pinned it I could pull it back out if its too rough for on road. There are three at local junk yards I could grab rear ends from if anything breaks. I am going to double check to see if any of them are lsd before I do anything though. An lsd should be a huge improvement off road correct? At least worth the effort of the swap?

Also I've never swapped gears before so would a whole axle swap be easier, ive done that in older fords and chevys.

Edited by RCAR50

• 2 months later...

Another LockRight fan here. Inexpensive and easy to install. Been driving on it as a dd for years. no fuss, no muss. Gets a little squirrely on ice but otherwise I don't even notice it most of the time. Offroad or in the sand while fishing, its amazeballs!

• 7 months later...

yea someone tell me more about locking the front diff !! or i was thinking of welding up front diff in my pathy .... because i was thinking with the locking hubs you can disengage front wheels when driving on road has any one done this any one got any info on doing this ?????

I've did this and I will repeat that on every truck that I have.

With your manual hub, just drop your front diff, weld it and then install it in your truck.

it's been on my VG33ER wd22 for years, with 305R70R17 (34') and with a lot of rock crawling trail, never broke the diff or anything.

The R200A is sturdy as hell, and my friend with his wd22 welded REAR diff, it's funny as hell to run it on the street. Parking is somewhat noisy too lol

• Like 1