Need an oil filter relocation kit?

88pathoffroad

If it has the hose fittings that pivot, those are a common place for leaks. Although it can be a pain to install solid fittings, I highly recommend that you do so, if you have the multi-piece one now.

Check out tis tread for a it more info:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=25955

oil relo talk starts, iirc, on page two

Otherwise, you just need to get in there and check it out.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it has the hose fittings that pivot, those are a common place for leaks. Although it can be a pain to install solid fittings, I highly recommend that you do so, if you have the multi-piece one now.

Next time I do an oil change, I'll check if it has the pivot fittings and chenge them to solid if it does.

Just to be safe, I think I'll take the adaptor plate off and sand it down as well (if needed).

Thanks 88

• 2 years later...

This is a slightly old thread so I'll add my input for future readers. I ordered the oil relocation kit from 4x4parts.com The kit I recieved was a specific fit item from Transdapt. It fit well but the finish was pretty shoddy for a $70 part. I had to smooth out molded metal from the o-ring groove. If I had to do it over i would have bought a slightly more expensive billet machined adapter. For me the best place to locate my filter was in the engine compartment just behind the battery. No worries about the tire hitting it.

Edited by Desert89