alarm

Guest vinces red 90

Guest vinces red 90

have a 90 finder and can anybody tell me how the alarm on the concoul works.i don't know if i should have a keypad key if so i don't i just have regular door keys. its a rocker type switch that say on/impact any ideas.

thanks vince

On my 88 I to enable the alarm I have to turn the alarm switch to on or impact off while the engine is running. The pathy then has to run for (as far as I can tell) at least five minutes. If not then the alarm won't arm. When I get back in I usually have enough time to set my laptop bag down on the passenger seat and start the pathy before the alarm goes off.

Also if I turn the switch to on while the pathy is off, the next time I drive somewhere the alarm will activate once I turn the engine off.

On my 88 I to enable the alarm I have to turn the alarm switch to on or impact off while the engine is running. The pathy then has to run for (as far as I can tell) at least five minutes. If not then the alarm won't arm. When I get back in I usually have enough time to set my laptop bag down on the passenger seat and start the pathy before the alarm goes off.

Also if I turn the switch to on while the pathy is off, the next time I drive somewhere the alarm will activate once I turn the engine off.

that doesn't sound right at all. mine works like it supposed to.. i do have some keyfobs (94) but i just use the key.. you have like 15-20sec before it goes off when you get in.