bearings what's the difference

dagwoodzz

There's only one type of wheel bearing. I'd try a different parts store. 87's came 2WD and 4WD.

Oh, and your link won't work cause it's cookie-driven...other people without the same cookie for that specific website won't be able to view the same page you are.

Thanks.

Oh, and your link won't work cause it's cookie-driven...other people without the same cookie for that specific website won't be able to view the same page you are.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.as...ring%2C%20Front

will cut and paste work? not too savy on the www.

Edited by dagwoodzz

Still won't work because the year, make, model and engine you chose are saved in a cookie on your computer, not on ours. We'd all have to go through the same rigamarole to view the parts, so it doesn't save any time posting a link for that search on that site in particular. No biggie.

• 3 weeks later...

a tapered roller bearing's two races are called the 'cone' (inner) and 'cup' (outer). my guess is that the only difference is the quality (i.e., warranty). one must not feature the outer race, which should be replaced with the bearing. i know that checker features skf bearings which often don't have the outer cup on tapered designs. if the guy was smart he would have pulled them both off the shelf, taken off the cup, and examined both, side to side. don't go to advance anyway, they're terrible. go to some place semi respectable please.

Edited by hookemdevils22