LEGAL Places to Wheel

vengeful

Ok, Here's a running thread of LEGAL places to wheel in the Northeast.

If you're unsure as to the status of a location, DO NOT POST it. NPORA does not condone or support any illegal activity. If you find yourself on illegal land, we hope that you will do everything in your power to make things right, and not just run away.

Paragon Adventure Park - Hazleton, PA - Closed until further notice, watch this thread for updates. :furious:

Rausch Creek Off-Road Park - Joliet/Tremont, PA

New Jersey Off-Road Vehicle Park - Millstone, NJ

Pine Barrens, Wharton State Forest, NJ - I couldn't find a link to the main page of this, so here's a trip report.

Whispering Pines Hideaway - Lyons, NY - A small off-roading area between Rochester and Syracuse, NY.

There are more....post up with a link if you have it. If I see anything considered Grey or Illegal, I will delete it on sight, and you will recieve a warning.

Edited by mzxtreme
update of a link

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Assateague Island has some mild beach wheeling available, however you have to buy a permit, and they're not cheap. You're only allowed to wheel there part of the year.

There is a part of one of the National Forests in the western part of Maryland that has legal wheeling, too. Get in touch with the Forest Service to find out more information.

As far as Maine goes, the only legal wheeling I can imagine up there is going to be on State land or in the National Forests (if there are any). Get in touch with your local Fish and Wildlife department and the local Forest Service office and they'll be able to provide you with more information.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I found this one on Saturday. So far I have only explored 20 minutes of the trails but there are supposed to be 65 miles of trail. It would be a sweet trail ride in the fall for sure!

I will let everyone know what I find next weekend!!

http://www.stateparks.com/weiser.html

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/state.../weisermap.aspx

Have fun and stay safe...

I found this one on Saturday. So far I have only explored 20 minutes of the trails but there are supposed to be 65 miles of trail. It would be a sweet trail ride in the fall for sure!

I will let everyone know what I find next weekend!!

http://www.stateparks.com/weiser.html

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/state.../weisermap.aspx

Have fun and stay safe...

"65 miles of roads which have been constructed for wildfire suppression and administrative use."

doesn't sound all that LEGAL! to me.

"65 miles of roads which have been constructed for wildfire suppression and administrative use."

doesn't sound all that LEGAL! to me.

There aren't any signs that say you can’t enter. There is a sign that says there is "no winter maintenance". There were also 7 or 8 other people that I passed while I was up there. I believe it is legal. There were at least 8 side trails that were marked closed but they were really over grown as well. The roads were built for fire suppression but are now for assess for hunting and fishing.

From the web site:

Within the Weiser State Forest are some very rugged and secluded wooded areas. These areas can be reached by the 65 miles of roads which have been constructed for wildfire suppression and administrative use.

The Weiser State Forest is located in areas where pure mountain water originates. Several of these streams provide the sole source of drinking water for the Communities of Port Clinton, Lykens and Williamstown.

All State Forest Lands are open to the public for hunting, fishing and general recreation.

Sounds legal to me..

Anyone else been there??

Sorry for being all over on this...first a post...then a deleted post...etc etc. I just wanted to be respectful of vengeful's initial request in his first post. After looking into the matter some more, I will simply say that as long as you stay on MARKED trails you will be 100% legal. I have never been to Weiser, but I have gone to Bald Eagle State Forest (just up north) on numerous occasions and have never run into any problems. Logging trucks, hunters, and fishermen seem to frequentely use many of the roads, while others are pretty overgrown. I will be exploring more when I get back to school...

Once again, good see the PA'ers on here!

Thanks

Edited by rustyole88pathy

Hey, all y'all PA'ers...come on down to Tremont this weekend for the NIORA Run at Rausch!

Would a stock Pathy be able to handle the trails at Rausch? I have been looking at their website but some of the pics look like it would kill my pathy.... LOL

• 5 months later...

Are there any that a stock Pathy can do pretty well? I heard Rausch creek has some trails that are good for stock 4wd's. Im getting the AC this summer and some BFG AT's in 31x10.50, I already have the grill guard sitting in my garage.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...