Any Albertans?

LD50

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dowser here.

From up in Fairview. hour and a half north of Grande Prairie. And speaking fo St. Albert... thats where I bought the second Pathfinder from and BOY oh BOY I wish i would have known you before I took a bus all the way down there to buy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, if you're interested in wheelin' round Edmonton come out with the Northern Alberta 4WD Association. I'm the only Pathy driver in the club (Nissan Man on the NA4WDA forum) and need company! :sniff:

We meet every wednesday night around 7pm for wings etc at the Montana's down by Ikea in South Edmonton Common :beer: , except for the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30pm which is our monthly planning meet at the Alberta Safety Council building (4831 - 93Av).

Some of our details are on our (honestly not brilliant) Web Site but far more happens on the club Forum though this seems to have been hacked by some A-hole today! :furious:

As for trips we go out atleast once a month with both weekend overnighters and day trips from mild to pretty heavy duty. We don't post pics or trips on the website 'cos the tree-huggers read it, but if you're a member you can access the members only stuff on the forum and show your muddy pics and get trip details.

Our next trip is a Santa's Anonymous run on Sunday Dec 3rd through Edmonton. Check out the website for details. We're also planning a Christmas Tree Run in the snow to west of Drayton Valey for Saturady Dec 9th.

Anyway, I'd love to see some real 4x4s in the club and less of these damn Jeeps!

Maybe see you on Wednesday night

Mark

Hey mikemike

Don't worry about being too stock. I was wheelin my '94 SE V6 Pathy with the NA4WDA for a good 12 months bone stock. All the Jeep drivers where amazed how my "grocery wagon" behaved without any mods!! Got a 3 inch suspension lift and rear sway bar discos that do help but I'm still running half balled 31' ATs from Crappy Tire and do fine.

All you need as an absolute minimum to come on most trips is working 4hi and 4lo, sound steering and brakes, a good tow strap (loops, not end hooks) and secure recovery points front and back. A CB, fire extinguisher, tool kit and 1st Aid kit are desireable but not neccessary if you just want to come along to try for a run or two.

As I said, the invitation's there to all Nissan's (and any other makes!) in northern Alberta!

Mark

iLLlegal.... I spotted a dark green or black pathy at Canadian tire the other night. 4x4parts.com sticker on the back window, 3" BL, coils, UCA's... was that yours by chance?

Yeah, that frame is a bummer.

Had to have the rust cut out and patched from my frame, above the rear wheels, a while ago. If you can get rid of that nasty rear bumper (its really prone to rusting out anyway) and replace with a tubular job or rock crawler you can get the hose or jet washer into the open ends of the frame and really flush it out.

I think there is a weld along the seam on the inside of the frame that acts as a shelf and collects all the dirt and water and is just a perfect site for the rot.

• 1 year later...

Edmonton here, just picked up pathy # 2 for a winter ride to keep the sports car nice and clean over the winter.

current pathy is a 95 xe, last one was a 97 se- perfect for winter and getting up to the mountains.