• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hi Kiwis

Can someone tell me what gearbox the Manual Terrano TD27T has. FS5r30a or ??5w71c ?

I know the V6s have the FS5r30a (bigger) gearbox.

I have Pathfinder Z24 & 5sp.

Thanks

Morning Kiwi's. I have posted this in the Aussie section too and will also ask here for your input.

I am after some reasonably priced flare rubber to replace my plastic flares I have removed. I am gett ing some new Maxxis Bighorns (33's) and need the extra fender clearance, hence removal of the plastics was necessary.

Have any of you sourced or seen anything suitable? I really like the Bushranger type with the steel reinforcing wire in them, but they are way too expensive.

itsallgood.gif Head to the warehouse and buy there garden edgeing its made from recycled rubber and you get around 10 meters for about $20.oo its 75mm wide other places have wider tho.

Compared to the bushranger ones you could replace them a few time at that price.

Hope it helps outmytwocents.gif

Those hard rubber garden edging strips will rip mu guards to bits should I make contact with a clay bank or deep rut. That is precisley why I asked about the moulded rubber flares thanks. Its worth paying a little extra for something that will have some give. I broke one of the original flares and that caused damage to the fender, garden edging wont be any different IMHO.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, thought I better introduce myself. I live in Rangiora and work in ChCh. Well... I turn up and they pay me, does that qualify? Iv'e recently finished doing an SAS on my 86 D21 Navara because I was sick of breaking it. I run 35 inch Silverstones for play and 33 inch whatevers for roadys. Truck is set up for family and friends, camping and adventure. I enjoyed the few tracks Iv'e been on around Refton area and am looking for more. My first trip after SAS was up the Ashley Gorge. A couple of dents and alot of fun. Even drowned a Safari. Have a look at my pics in the "SAS Hardcore Fab" section. I'm waiting for my new EGT guage and sensor to arrive so I can start to play with turbo boost and fueling. TD27 can handle 15 psi safely I'm told. Yea Ha... more ponnies... I can't wait.

Hey man, Welcome to the family WAVEY

There's a few of us in Chch. My brother lives in Rangiora.

Damn nice job you made of that SAS :aok: I plan on doing the same if I ever get enough money.

I'll see your post :lol:

DSC01843.jpg

Oreti beach out of Invercargill

DSC01841.jpg

Duuuuude!! no way! Bluff is my home town! I haven't driven 90mile beach either, but always wanted to get the truck up there.. I always seem to be on band-camp in a rental Ford Transit when I trip north of Auckland..

d is for dog is back in the house after an extended break!

And hopefully finishing off some mods asap..

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, guys nice rig disfordog... Well im interested in the LOKKA... So i was wondering how might i go about getting one of these, bc the site i visited doesnt seem to sell them.

Oh and if anyone has used this front lokka i would like to know how well it works and what you payed for it..

Thx from Canada

Edited by 4X4pathy94

To be honest, I would try Steve @ http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/pathfinder-differential-lockers-c-38_222.html

I see he does the Richmond lock right, which I believe is the same parts as the "LOKKA" brand.

He's a great guy and more interested in getting you what you need than what he wants to sell :aok:

Front? I can say I know anyone using a mechanical locker in the front. I've got one in the rear and it works great.

Search around the forums for a bit, lockers have been covered loads of times :beer:

Hey, does anyone in NZ or Ozzy deal with TD27 5 speed gearbox, transfer case crawler gear kits? Is there any other crawler gear options (keeping it road worthy). Atlas transfer cases cost too much.

Cheers

icon_smile_welcome.gif Along KBJJ to the mad house i think im sure gonna go look at your SAS im looking at doing the same thing to my 3 door Terrano.

A quick ask for all of you out there i can get a LSD diff for $100.oo u think its a good buy oh n i can get the motor n auto for another $200 ? i think its a steel so im gonna get it.

The Terrano was put on its side i guess as long as the motor wasnt running for to long it should be ok ?.

Gary

icon_smile_welcome.gif Along KBJJ to the mad house i think im sure gonna go look at your SAS im looking at doing the same thing to my 3 door Terrano.

A quick ask for all of you out there i can get a LSD diff for $100.oo u think its a good buy oh n i can get the motor n auto for another $200 ? i think its a steel so im gonna get it.

The Terrano was put on its side i guess as long as the motor wasnt running for to long it should be ok ?.

Gary

Thats about 70 bucks AUD, thats a steal.

• 2 months later...

I see there is a heap of us on here now that I have looked and been told that Kiwi's are around. Hay guys I am up AKL but from down south I am looking to create more power in my non turbo 2.7 any one able to help?

Also looking for some manual locking hubs for this wagon

Fumigate it with LPG you can get up to 40% more power but its a fine line between go n blow so be careful if you want the link as to how to do it let me know n il will post it up 4 you.

• 2 months later...

Our Earthquake aftershocks in context :lol:

Not quite 24hrs :blink:

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 9:08 pm

Magnitude: 3.9

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 9:07 pm

Magnitude: 3.8

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 8:52 pm

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 8:28 pm

Magnitude: 3.5

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 8:08 pm

Magnitude: 3.4

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 6:40 pm

Magnitude: 3.8

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 6:36 pm

Magnitude: 4.2

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 6:04 pm

Magnitude: 3.2

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 4:56 pm

Magnitude: 3.1

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 3:04 pm

Magnitude: 3.3

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 1:07 pm

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 1:04 pm

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 11:36 am

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 10:11 am

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 8:24 am

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 8:14 am

Magnitude: 3.6

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 6:22 am

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 5:17 am

Magnitude: 3.3

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 5:14 am

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 4:17 am

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 3:24 am

Magnitude: 5.4

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 3:14 am

Magnitude: 3.7

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 2:52 am

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 1:39 am

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 0:51 am

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 0:47 am

NZST: Tue, Sep 7 2010 0:21 am

Magnitude: 4.7

NZST: Mon, Sep 6 2010 11:54 pm

Magnitude: 4.2

NZST: Mon, Sep 6 2010 11:47 pm

NZST: Mon, Sep 6 2010 11:40 pm

Magnitude: 5.4

NZST: Mon, Sep 6 2010 11:38 pm

Magnitude: 4.0

NZST: Mon, Sep 6 2010 11:24 pm

Magnitude: 5.2

NZST: Mon, Sep 6 2010 11:14 pm

NZST: Mon, Sep 6 2010 10:21 pm

Magnitude: 3.6

NZST: Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:20 pm

• 4 weeks later...

Well- Gidday fellas :beer:

Its been well over a year since I was on last.

Been overseas working (my arse off) and am now back in sunny old Blenheim.

And DAMN am I pleased to be back in NZ.

Fired up the Terrano (old Ted's been in storage for 14 months and was a bit sulky on it at first but I showed him the hills and he perked up :aok: ), grabbed the rifle and away we went.

Have now fitted a new set of mudders, finally got tha snorkle on and straightened out the well buggerised bull bar and he was rareing to go

Body lift siting in the shed to go in next and probly sort out fitting on the winch that for the last year has been on its end holding the bike trailer level :D

Damn good to be back and looking foward to having a bit of a say so every so often

Some of the rigs are looking mint so I see everyone has been busy and getting out there doing it to it

Cheers fellas

Edited by Thumper